Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,136 Posts
For something as important as a helmet the best deal on one is the one that fits best. There are only two brands of helmet that currently fit my head properly - and even if one of the other brands is free you would not get me wearing one of those.

*off soap box*

If you know the brand/model/size that fits your wife well chain reaction cycles also has a good selection of helmets.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For something as important as a helmet the best deal on one is the one that fits best. There are only two brands of helmet that currently fit my head properly - and even if one of the other brands is free you would not get me wearing one of those.

*off soap box*

If you know the brand/model/size that fits your wife well chain reaction cycles also has a good selection of helmets.
I am starting to lean that way. I wish I had a LBS near me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
My wife has a small head and she wears a Fox Flux in xs/s and likes it. If she doesn't care about colors you can find them for around $40-50.
http://www.cambriabike.com/Fox-Raci...e-XLarge.asp?gclid=CPGssqWG670CFZFcfgodeQ0Apg

I wouldn't for for a cheap helmet rather look for a higher end helmet for a low price. I found the key to get my wife to ride was to make her a comfortable as possible other wise I would hear about it later.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Bell Stoker. It's a Bell Super with fewer vents for half the price. Very comfortable helmet with much better coverage than any cheap helmet you'll find. Protect your girl's nogging.
Get it at REI or BC.com and give her the option of switching it for something else if it doesn't work out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.