Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Helm MKII vs Pike

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  The_Bob 
#1 ·
Hi all
If you were speccing a 150mm trail bike for a mix of riding from flow, to jump lines, tech and even a bit of XC type stuff, which fork would you go for the Pike or the Helm MKII? Thinking in terms of which would offer the best balance of stiffness, adjustability and compliance

#4 ·
I own both forks and highly prefer the Helm MkII. I was able to tune it both more sensitive and supportive than the pike. The damper on the MkII was a lot more confidence inducing even at my light weight.

The only caveat I'd consider is if you prefer to all your own maintenance work where the Pike may be easier with full instructions and parts readily available.

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone. My local shop has a Helm II they just can't sell (we're a bit Fox and RS obsessed in this part of the world). My thinking is to trade a SID Select Plus from a Top Fuel in on the Helm. I'd then fit it to my Pyga Hyrax, which is currently running a Pike Ultimate at 150mm. I'd then track down a 130mm air shaft for the Pike and fit that to the Top Fuel. A bit of musical chairs, but that way the bigger bike gets a more capable fork, as does the smaller one

#3 ·
I have a Pike ultimate on my trail bike and rode a bike back than with a Helm air MK1 . It was bike park riding only.

The Helm is the better fork imo. Very smooth, great small bump sensitivity and should be stiffer too.
The pike is also a great fork, but the helm did feel better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.