Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ladies, I'm new, I'm Nancy from Michigan. Getting back into cycling - bought a hybrid(Trek 7100) this spring. Just trying to figure out what bike to buy. Some that I'm considering are: Trek, Giant, Raleigh Mojave 5.0 - in the $500 price range. Anyone have any suggestions? I want it mainly for fitness, rail trails, packed trails, maybe some light road(commuting) and some winter riding. Do you ride women specific bikes? Any advice, suggestions for a newbie - on clothing, what to carry on the bike, water bottles or hydration packs? Thanks

·
Registered
549 Posts
Buy the bike that fits you best. . . test ride as many bikes as you can. You're not going to enjoy riding your new bike if it doesn't fit properly - especially if the bike is too big. If you're going "all-in", I'd suggest buying the best possible equipment you can afford. . . you will save money in the long run. Don't hesitate to ask questions at your shop either - if they don't have the answers or you get a snobby-attitude, it's time to shop elsewhere. Lastly, learn how your bike works and learn how to repair it. Again, a true bike shop will take the time to teach you and the whole experience will be much more enjoyable. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi Nancy!

I'm also from Michigan but living in Colorado now. Check out luv2mtb.com at http://www.dirtfeed.com/luv2mtb/index.php for some local riding and great people. Everyone on the forum knows eachother, rides together and parties with eachother. They are a great bunch of people and I can't wait to get back to hang with them.

If you're interested in group rides you'll find what you need to know there as well. You can also check out www.mmba.org (Michigan Mountain Biking Association) for local rides and people to hang with as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.