Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting back on the saddle after 20 years, when people say something is "like riding a bike" that must mean "you'll think you remember how to do it until you try, then you'll realize that you have absolutely no idea what you are doing".

Figured I'd join some forums and say hello.

I've got an old Specialized Hardrock Comp that I bought used, someone "converted" it to having only one gear on the front and it never worked right. A friend of mine just fixed it up with a new front sprocket and pretty wide selection of rear gears, 1st gear is so low I feel like I could use it to tow a 5th wheel camper. Might need a slightly larger front at some point.

Anyways, here's an intro post. Picture related, it's my bike after I actually rode it.

No goals except to have fun, and maybe find one of the bikes I lusted after as a teenager, a 1999 Trek 8900.

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame

·
Registered
I'm one wheel smarter than riding a unicycle.
519 Posts
Coming back after a long break like that is awesome. I did something similar and once I got back in, man, I was so upset I somehow spent so long off the bike. Get an extra job... you'll be buying bikes every few months before long.

Also, look for another place to ride. That place is ok with bringing your dog, but it wants you to plug up their bunghole so they don't poop if they have to. I would be so uncomfortable on an outdoor adventure if I couldn't poop.

And it looks like they aren't cool with rifles, or worse, shotguns. It's not so bad if they poo poo trap shooters, but skeet shooters are super chill, and I just don't know if I want to hang round a place where skeet shooters are frowned upon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome! Now go buy a new bike!!
This one works fine for now, though I should definitely get it a new rear tire. Not much traction, especially if it's a bit muddy.

Or maybe 2 new tires, since they're like 15 years old....

If, a year from now, I'm still doing this all the time and haven't lost interest (which is definitely a thing with me and hobbies) then yeah, I might buy a newer bike.

·
Evolutionsverlierer
2,694 Posts
This one works fine for now, though I should definitely get it a new rear tire. Not much traction, especially if it's a bit muddy.

Or maybe 2 new tires, since they're like 15 years old....
You have fun on your bike and that is all that matters imho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts