Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy everybody!

I am a regular reader of this website, and I have finally gotten around to creating an account.

I live in Bristol. Right next to Bristol Mountain Ski Resort. Its about 50miles south of Rochester. I'm 24 years old. I have a 1999 Gary Fisher Paragon. I have been riding for a couple of months now. I used to ride XC all the time. I grew up in Rochester. I did most of my riding in Durand Eastman Park about 10yrs ago.

Well....Just wanted to introduce myself. This NY forum is great. Maybe I'll see some of you one day. Have fun!!! :)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Welcome. You might want to check out cycle-cny.com and to a lesser degree, wnymba.org for some people that ride in the Rochester and Bristol area. What trails do you ride down there? I'd like to get down that way and do a Killer Quad (Highlander - Mountaineer), before the summer is done. I ride mostly Rochester trails. I'm waiting for a new bike before I do too much more riding. BTW, how do you like the Paragon for the local trails. I was think of picking one of those up after demoing a Sugar 293.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Paragon is sick. I love it. I have done auite a few upgrades to make it better, though. I have Avid Single Digit Ultimate brakes, and Single Digit Ultimate Speed Dial Triggers. I have front and rear XTR derailleurs and XT hubs. I also have a SID Race edition. The idea is to slowly replace each part over the course of a few years, that way in a couple of yrs. Hehe. I strongly suggest a Fisher. The biikes are amazing. Great for XC racing, and they are ultra light.

I do a lot of riding on the road, unfortunatley. But as far as XC I do quite a bit on Bristol Mountain. Hi Tor is a pretty good area as well. Lots of logging road in the hills on the way to Naples and Italy Valley. I goto Victor and do some riding in Dryer Road Park. I love Boughton Park too. I get by doing about 40% road riding and 60% XC in the Bristol Hills. Its fun to go back and forth and have a change. We outta go riding sometime. I grew up in Irondequoit, so I know the Rochester area pretty well. I used to ride all the time in Durand Eastman Park, the golf course, and way back in the Irondequoit woods, Hunnington Hills (By Irondequoit Cemetary).

But yeah, totally go with the Sugar. Gary Fisher makes some insane products. I love my Paragon. I will eventually replace the Paragon frame with a newer Paragon frame.

Anywho.... Drop me a line again. Maybe If we got time, we can do some riding.

Smell ya later!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts