Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am interested in starting an Melbourne only exclusive forum in this place. So introduce yourselves. I, well, have no choice, will go firts

Location in Melbourne?
Thomastown, or we call it Thomo!!!

Type of bike? Specs? Pics?
GT Avalanche 0.5 2005, FSA K-Force flatbar (carbon/kevlar), FSA OS-115 stem, WTB speed disc wheels, X9/LX combo, X9 triggers, Deore discs, SDG satellite saddle, eggbeater C peddals. Specialized Nimbus 26x1.5" semi-slicks

Favourite Trail / Path?
The bike lane in the middle of st. georges road coming from Preston going down to Brunswick. Get some good speed there but watch out for those bikers who look like they havnet ridden a bike before. Also, prepare to lock your breaks when you approach intersections, although cars are to give way to you.

Day Job?
Lecturer in Electrical Engineering. Got sponsored by my University with a nice set of Netti Pro Custom Team wear clothes.

Nasty stacks?
none really, just not cliping out of the pedals in time.

Cheers :cool: ,

Attachments

·
Registered
858 Posts
Howdy GT!

Location in Melbourne?
Hehehe I'm not- I am in Geelong or Little River depending which day of the week it is.

Titus Racer-X:
Fox Forks, Full SRAM Drivetrain, Hand built wheels. Reasonably light weight build, about 23.6lbs at the moment. It will be about 23lbs even when I am finished with it... New forks on order and new wheelset not far away :)

Specialized Allez Elite:
Roadie- you dont want to see that :rolleyes:

Favourite Trail / Path?
YouYangs, Victoria- Stockyards
Kowen Forest, ACT.

Day Job?
Construction / Fabrication- but I am trying to get out of it into something engineering orientated.

Nasty stacks? A few- I have been riding about 7 years so your bound to have a few. My worst injury to date is a fractured hand / and serverly damaged hand muscles, which still isn't fully useable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice set of wheels CulBaire. What is the sixe of the frame?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi guys i am new to the MTBR forums...

Hi, i'm not in melbourne yet, i am in singapore, will be studying in ballerat for 3 years, i'm going there on the 25th

Type of bike...
Sinister ridge, USE SUB anti dive Lefty/Atom stem/XCR carbon suspension seatpost, SRAM X.O trigger shifts and rear D, XT front D, Race face atlus cranks, Crank bros 5050X pedals, Atom lab DHR rims, .243 stem, brooks team professional saddle, XTR rear hub,USE left front hub, XTR calipers, deore levers...pic see below first pic is front and 2nd pic is deco for XMas

And the bike that i'm bringing to AU 1st, Norco satasquash frame, Fox Van125mm R, SS....

Favorite trail
None so far in AU, looking for fellow street and XC riders in melbourne...

Day job
Haha none...i'm a student, will be 17 later in the year....

Nasty stacks?
landing hard on my ass, some nerve/muscle damage

·
Registered
136 Posts
A tip for you wadly_1001; When you're in Melbourne, drop into Pushi in King St in the city. Petri's gonna wet himself when he sees your bike :)

·
Singletrack minded
1,948 Posts
Location in Melbourne?
Mt Evelyn, on the north end of the Dandenongs.

GT ID5 1.0. Pikes, sram x9 drivetrain, schwalbe racing ralph tyres. otherwise stock.

Favourite Trail / Path?
My circuit at Warrandyte, and another at St Andrews, Yarra trails, Lysterfield.

Day Job?
Truckie - in partnership with bro.

Nasty stacks?
Nothing too bad, I'm a good rider.

·
Registered
136 Posts
a) Richmond
b) Kona Scab, Kona Humuhumunukunukuapuaa 29er (getting there), Cecil Walker singlespeed, Jim Bundy track bike, Ken Evans road bike, Diamondback 24" cruiser, Malvern Star cruiser.
c) Blue Lake (near Greensie)
d) Postie!
e) Always.... skin off here and there but nothing broken, yet...

pics to come...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Elwood Lad

Location in Melbourne?

Elwood .. too many roadies around ... :p

1. One One Inbred SS 2. On One 456 gearie 3. On One Il Pompino commuter 4. Sycip custom steel SS CX - soon to be a Beach Road fixie for scaring the weekend roadies.

Favourite Trail / Path?

Lyesterfield/You Yangs

Day Job?
Writer

Nasty stacks?
poleaxed myself at Mt Buller last year ... face went numb for about 10 minutes ... surprisingly no lasting damage (I think ... )

pics of bikes to follow ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pics?

Cool collection? No pics attached....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Location in Melbourne?
Brunswick

Bike 1. - On-One sliding dropout inbred.

This is my solo 24 machine. Can run upto 130mm (Infinate Travel) up front for those 3am night laps. Have no problems pusing out over 300km on this bike.

Bike 2. - Fuji track bike.

Used for riding on the boards (track) and giving the white bottie brigade a run for their on beach road. With 50x16 I can nail flat 100kms rides in under 3hrs.

Bike 3. Kona explosive (new one with sliding drops). Currently getting built up as a XC race machine.

Bike 4. Orange and Purple Bicycle Victoria bike (The BV bike). Peice of c$#p bike. Used it in a state XC round. Was winning Sport B utill the rear wheel died.

Favourite Trail / Path?
Castlemaine Pines

Day Job?
Software developer/Code Monkey

Nasty stacks?
Broken left collar bone twice in the span of 8 weeks. More than one doctor has told me to give up riding over the years. As if!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Location in Melbourne?

Bayswater, East side of Melbourne.

2005 Giant Yukon, mostly stock.

Oury grips, Maxxis Ignitor 2.35's

Will have a pic of bike with the Ignitors soon, now currently with Kenda Slicks.

Favourite Trail / Path?

Lysterfield Lake (state mountain bike track)

Day Job?

Golf Shop

Nasty stacks?

None yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
this is me.

I'm from Noble Park soon to be Richmond

1. Norco Bigfoot almost stock 2. Norco Wolverine

Favourite Trail / Path?

Lyesterfield

Day Job?
checkout chick (male)

Nasty stacks?
Always fall, always hurt, never bad

·
Registered
665 Posts
hey. like CulBaire:

Location in Melbourne?
i live in the Geelong area (Torquay)

*Giant NRS carbon frameset built up with REBA forks, SRAM X.0, FSA crankset and finishing kit
*Giant XTC2 modded w/REBA forks, Thomson and FSA components

Favourite Trail / Path?
YouYangs, Vic: pretty good XC but damn i hate the wicked climb on hot days!
ACT: Sparrow Hill and Majura Ridge; gf's brother lives in Canberra, a XC freak, so it's a good excuse to go and visit!

Day Job?
health professional

Nasty stacks?
i'm still learning, honing my skills, so minor stacks are not uncommon! few old grazes to show for it :D

the XTC is currently setup for my gf (with women's saddle):

:)

·
Registered
858 Posts
shiny_car said:
hey. like CulBaire:

Location in Melbourne?
i live in the Geelong area (Torquay)

*Giant NRS carbon frameset built up with REBA forks, SRAM X.0, FSA crankset and finishing kit
*Giant XTC2 modded w/REBA forks, Thomson and FSA components

Favourite Trail / Path?
YouYangs, Vic: pretty good XC but damn i hate the wicked climb on hot days!
ACT: Sparrow Hill and Majura Ridge; gf's brother lives in Canberra, a XC freak, so it's a good excuse to go and visit!
:)
Awesome stuff :) I love the YouYangs- especially the stockyards; I'm not really a fan of all the boardwalks and so on though, some of them where however badly needed as some areas are a big bog during winter. I reckon the area changes every time I go out there which keeps it interesting.

I used to hate the climbs too, now I just tend to sit and spin - the Titus climbs like a rocket, so it makes even the climbing more enjoyable.

If ever you plan to ehad out there, shoot us a PM or email via the board and we could meet up for a spin :) I'd be riding there though, so dont expect me to be too fast. :p

·
Registered
858 Posts
GT Urban Warrior said:
nice set of wheels CulBaire. What is the sixe of the frame?
Sorry mate I didn't see this post... it is a nice set of wheels- they are getting changed though for something a little lighter :p *lame atempt at a joke*

The frame is a Medium 80mm of sorts. I'm actually not sure they make a medium in the 80mm Racer-X any more?.. The 100mm has a longer TT, and slightly different angles same deal though- the 80 is a little more racey. The bike is still a work in progress.

I am actually thinking of getting another Titus frame, a Titanium Eleven hardtail which will be handy for them muddy Tasmanian winters' when I head over there :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, i'm brand spanking new to this site/forum. So i hope this comes out right!..

Type of bike: 2009 Giant Talon. Pretty standard except ive chopped some width off the bars and am always changing tyres around.

Favourite trails: Yarra trails from Kew through to Eltham. And Plenty gorge state park, greensborough north.

Nasty stacks: Lots of stacks but nothing major. Just skin off here and there.

i've ridden at Lysterfield, the dandenongs and you yangs a few times and am always looking for new trails around melbs.

i'll get some pix upi soon.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts