Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... this is my first post so be nice ;)

Basically I am after a Killer V900 (or maybe 500) but obviously these have been out of production for a looooong time now. I've drawn a blank so far in the UK with regards to tracking down a second hand one.

Do they come up for sale much in the US?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks I did see that... was slightly put off by it being described as a road bike ;) Plus as you say it's 23"...

I know I won't be able to be too picky but ideally I'm after a Medium (which was 17.5") in "Diamond Black Metallic with Violet Pearl Hyper Highlight" i.e. purple ;)

I don't mind if it's frame, frame set or complete bike though ;)

What is Craig's list? :/

·
Registered
795 Posts
Check it out:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites.html
[EDIT - fixed/tweaked link]

Turns out they do have sites in the UK.
Basically it's a site to buy/sell stuff, like a low tech ebay at the local level, meaning you see and pick up the merchandise in person instead of shipping.
(Like the old fashion Classified section of your local newspaper.)

If you found a killer V in the US, you'd have to have a friend on this side of the pond do the transaction in person and then ship the bike to you.

·
Registered
795 Posts
"but if I find one that's right I don't care where it is "

Well, here's something wacky to try: Put the following text into google:

cannondale killer v site:craigslist.org

That will bring up a list of all references to Cannondale Killer V's on Craigslist.org, regardless of where they are. You might get lucky and find someone with a suitable bike who's willing to ship overseas.

Note that not all the links will be current, and they all seem to be US based for some reason.

·
Do You Like To Climb?
152 Posts
I built this up from the frame. I think I've got the stock fork in the toolbox. The installed shox are worn and need replacing.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks a lot. It's funny because I was looking at it this morning. Nice colors and the price is right. The drive is only about an hour for me. I'll have to think about it:)

·
Ridin' dirty!
2,241 Posts
toyota200x said:
It's a 1992 frame though and not as the seller says a '94....:nono:
On top of that it's not a Killer V, but a Delta V.....
Big difference as the Headtubes are different....
That's still a good price though...that's what I paid for only the frame (In the same paint scheme by the way :D )

·
Registered
795 Posts
Yes, in fact I think all Delta V's came with headshoks (or at least have the larger head tube and are headshok ready).
There are hard tails and full suspension models.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, thank you very much but I am definately after a rigid bike.

I think I remember having a Delta V as a demo bike before they were released, it was a chunky matt black frame which was literally a 'V' shape with a headshok. It was pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.