Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my very 1st post:

Hello every1,
Im a noob to this forum & bike brands but not so noob about riding.

I currently have a mongoose full suspension & i want something lighter that i can take uphills, long distance rides & some mt paths.

Im looking onto getting a used MTB or hybrid.
Im have a few choices that i need help on deciding. Any suggestion is golden.I've listed the price too. Year of the bike wasnt suggested on the ad i am looking at.

TREK 7000 - $130
TREK ZX6500 - $165
TREK 820 - $225
TREK 7100 - $160
TREK 4300 - $175
or Caloi MTB - $50
Raleigh (currently dont know w/c MTB series) - $15

Thanks in advance

·
Trying not to kill myself
391 Posts
Welcome! I'm not sure what I'm looking at here. Is this a listing of used bikes from a shop, classified ads, or what? It's impossible to give any useful feedback about the bikes you listed without knowing the year and condition. I would head to a shop and get fitted so you know what size frame you need. Then you can start looking for bikes that fit you and are within your budget.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bikes i listed are the ones that are available for my frame that are being sold in the marker where Im located at for the price i listed.
As far as for the year, it wasnt disclosed & some of the owners didn't know what year the bike was.

·
Registered
107 Posts
gameovR said:
The bikes i listed are the ones that are available for my frame that are being sold in the marker where Im located at for the price i listed.
As far as for the year, it wasnt disclosed & some of the owners didn't know what year the bike was.
I think it would be very helpful if you posted pics of the bikes. People can identify the years of the bikes just from the bike's color scheme.

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
Since it looks like you are focused on the Trek bikes, just know that the top tube lengths differ on the 3xxx and 4xxx series bikes from the 6xxx and 7xxx series bikes. Not sure about the 820, but I would guess it's similar to the 3xxx and 4xxx series bikes in geometry which would put the rider in a slightly more upright riding position (similar to that of many hybrids) for better or worse depending on who you are and how you ride. Not right or wrong in and of itself, just different depending you and the riding you do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.