Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is about 5' 1 1/2" tall, which means that nice frames are hard to find. Does anyone here at that height ride a small 5 Spot?

What frame should I be looking at?

Thanks in advance! Bob

·
SS Grrrrrrrl
464 Posts
ride red said:
My wife is about 5' 1 1/2" tall, which means that nice frames are hard to find. Does anyone here at that height ride a small 5 Spot?

Thanks in advance! Bob
Wife's inseam measurement??

·
Registered
510 Posts
try calling Turner

I'm 5'5 and 1/2 (just got measured, am I shrinking??) and 30" inseam and ride a small Burner. The tt is 22.2" and I run a 90mm stem, fits great. But, call Turner (when I was looking for a frame last summer) they has some xs xce's in stock (shorter tt, like 21.5ish) they hadn't gotten rid of. Just shoot them an email, they're good at getting back. The standover is good though if she's long in the legs.

ride red said:

Thanks in advance! Bob

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Small spot will be to large. There was a thread on this on the Turner board a while back. You would need to find a extra small XCE and that would probably still be a bit large. One word for you, Titus.

·
the bomb
531 Posts
mmmm, titus

CDMC said:
One word for you, Titus.
I'm 5' 3.5" and ride an xs loco. Couldn't be happier.

that's me 2nd from the right (green switchblade) with my loco. I thought this photo was a good example of this bikes sizing.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
turner

I am riding a turner 5 spot (small), i am 5'3". It fits perfect, it will be too big for someone 5'1" however, i bet an XS XCE would fit like a champ. If that doesnt do it, your best bet is to look into a Titus. Most likely everything else will be too tall.

good luck!

ride red said:

Thanks in advance! Bob

·
black & blue
235 Posts
Try Kona! I'm just under 5'4", and I ride a Kona Kikapu Deluxe. It's a 14" frame - has a 21.6" top tube measurement. Great XC bike, really comfortable ride.

My previous bike was a Jamis - they make some small frames, too.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts