Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Of course there are more Dutch people on this forum.
I'm also riding XC but sometimes i'm on the road, but just sometimes...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi all, Northern Californian here.

I am actually going to Amesterdam for work near Amsterdam centraal area. (09/30-10/07)

I've started searching for some mountain biking rentals but not that easy to find.

Any recommendations? Of course, I'd love to ride with the locals!

mtbr project shows Hoge Vuursche to be pretty fun. https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7040472/hoge-vuursche

-
Mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks ducatif1!

I found some videos of both trail systems. Hoge Vuursche looks more fun and has rolling hills (Although, I would love to have trails with rocks, roots and drops). Any bike shop you recommend for bike rental there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks ducatif1!

I found some videos of both trail systems. Hoge Vuursche looks more fun and has rolling hills (Although, I would love to have trails with rocks, roots and drops). Any bike shop you recommend for bike rental there?
Sorry ..can not answer your question for Hoog Vuursche. .
For Schoorl you got two bike shops (goole-search) with rental mtb's. One got Merida Big Nine 500 for rent and for the other I can not seee what bikes they have for renting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey I love your spirit - but that begs one question. I was always wondering, how does one becomes mountain biker in Netherlands?
(Im writing from Austria)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ask Mathieu van der Poel.
He is Dutch and 3th overall in UCI XC last year with not running all events due to road races.

beside from that i had family over from australia he said something simular took him out for a round or two and he was exsausted

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hoge Vuursche is part of big mtb tracks called: MTB Utrechtse Heuvelrug
Search in google with: mountainbike verhuur utrechtse heuvelrug

For the mtb track Schoorl in the north part up above of Amsterdam:
Mountainbike Huren Schoorl - MTB Verhuur in Schoorl
track: Mountainbike Parcours Schoorl - MTB Route Schoorl
I recently moved to Leiden and have been to Noordwijk's track. The trail is fun but I would like to ride something with more rocks and ruts, and less XC. Do you have any suggestions?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts