Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved to San Francisco about 3 weeks ago from Florida and I am looking for a good area to go ride tomorrow. I will be riding my single speed XC bike from the marina in SF over the Golden Gate bridge towards Marin. I havent ridden out there yet but I hear Mt. Tam is pretty good? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Are there any MTB riders in San Francisco that do rides to and around the North Bay area on a regular basis? I would like to meet some people to go on rides with and discover all these great places I hear about.

Thanks

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,168 Posts
Quite a few characters on here from that area. Many SS.
North Bay... Look for Tamarancho rides out of Fairfax.

·
just another bleepin SSer
1,465 Posts
Tamarancho is cool - but requires a pass (day pass or annual pass).

China Camp also has some cool stuff.

Truthfully, I prefer to look south for my rides. Waterdog is super convenient to most everything on the Peninsula. Skeggs and the Demo have great rides.
http://www.passiontrailbikes.com/pages/rides

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you plan on riding over the GG Bridge you should think about hitting the Marin Headlands. The Headlands begin at the North end of the GG Bridge and go up the coast to Muir Beach.

Headlands Map:
There is a good PDF map of the headlands on the NPS site. You want to download the "Marin Headlands / Fort Baker Map" around half way down the page.

http://home.nps.gov/goga/planyourvisit/maps.htm

Mt. Tam Map:
This is a PDF of the entire Mt. Tam brochure, but the last page has a good map of most Mt. Tam trails.

www.parks.ca.gov/pages/471/files/MtTamalpaisBrochure.pdf

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Page baycat.....

sczapiga said:
I just moved to San Francisco about 3 weeks ago from Florida and I am looking for a good area to go ride tomorrow. I will be riding my single speed XC bike from the marina in SF over the Golden Gate bridge towards Marin. I havent ridden out there yet but I hear Mt. Tam is pretty good? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Are there any MTB riders in San Francisco that do rides to and around the North Bay area on a regular basis? I would like to meet some people to go on rides with and discover all these great places I hear about.

Thanks
....apparently he (ryan) has a job, but I rarely hear of him not riding!:D I think he's out on a route similar like that today actually.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.