Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! I have been a bike guy for quite a while and now I have got into vintage mountain bikes and I'm hooked! When I was growing up (almost 40 now) a GT was the bike to have so I decided I would like to have some in my collection! Here are a few pics of one of my favorites, 1992 GT Avalanche. I will post pics of my other bikes soon. 馃槑

Registered
Hello everybody! I have been a bike guy for quite a while and now I have got into vintage mountain bikes and I'm hooked! When I was growing up (almost 40 now) a GT was the bike to have so I decided I would like to have some in my collection! Here are a few pics of one of my favorites, 1992 GT Avalanche. I will post pics of my other bikes soon. 馃槑
View attachment 1943607 View attachment 1943608 View attachment 1943610
[/QUOTE)

That's a great looking bike! My Dad gave me a GT Timberline for my 16th bday in 1985. I rode it all over California, Oregon and even in Moab when it was mostly a motorcycle park. That birthday gift led to 35+ years of mtn bike riding, and still going. I ride it at least once every year - feeling grateful for my father and also for today's suspension and disc brakes! Thanks for sharing, wish you many years of riding fun!

Attachments

Registered
My first mtb was a 91 (black) Tequesta. Rode the daylights out of it, it looked incredible and was as heavy as a tank. Sold it to a girl in college when I upgraded to a Paramount and passed her going up a hill with no hands while she looked like she was going to have a heart attack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.