Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself. Didn't realize that MTBR had forums that people actually used! I'm an intermediate XC rider and I'm looking for some folks to ride with this spring/summer, or maybe just some good firsthand trail info. Live near Ashevegas, been riding for a few years here and want to venture out beyond Bent Creek/Tsali. Definitely heading down to DuPont sometime, but have no knowledge of the trails. Anyone taking any group trips this summer? I play well with others and I don't smell too bad (for Asheville :D ) Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]
Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey i live in Hendersonville and I know some of pisgah's and duponts trails.... i'm kinda a beg.-intermediate rider i guess.... well pm me on here and maybe we can hit up some trails later

RidgeRunner said:
Hey, I'm out in Cullowhee, kinda out of shape beginner-intermediate rider. :) I've ridden Tsali a bit, never been to Bent Creek. Nor anywhere else around here. :(

·
white boy extraordinaire
241 Posts
I ride pretty regularly..

I and a few of my friends ride pretty regularly. Some advanced skills held by some, not by me, but we're always up for new people/friends. They are an open group and more emphasis is placed on having fun and learning stuff than seeing who has the biggest balls, but I'm not saying that doesn't occur on occasion either. I'm strictly intermediate with a strong fervor for riding and a fairly good knowledge of the trails around here. There's still a lot I haven't ridden and a lot I have. We will be getting a late aft/early evening ride in on Thursdays through the summer in Bent Creek maybe trace ridge and then we generally venture further into Pisgah on weekends for a longer ride with an epic thrown in every once in a while for good measure. Most importantly we believe in having fun and riding responsibly with regard for fellow trail users while trying to get as many people as possible into the sport as well. You can PM me, you too Ragefan, I've been meaning to ride w/you. If my bike is ready, we should be doing to some riding this weekend, dupont, heartbreak, pisgah ranger district, I'm not sure, but this will be a fairly regular thing. You can email me @ mccane007 at yahoo dot com. I check that more regularly.

On another note, you can use this forum regularly for trail suggestions. The group that posts here are some fo the most knowledgeable in the area of the trails and are generally more the willing to disseminate knowledge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cmweldon said:
I and a few of my friends ride pretty regularly. but this will be a fairly regular thing. You can email me @ mccane007 at yahoo dot com. I check that more regularly. QUOTE]

Cool man. I'll shoot you an e-mail. I'm in the middle of an SS conversion and possible new (to me) frame build-up. Hopefully will have things together next week or so.. Definitely interested in hooking up with you guys. I really want to get out to Pisgah. Nice meeting you all. I'll check here regularly from now on...
Ridge, any trails to speak of out in the boonies? ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.