Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals, I am happy to join this group and get some valuable information. I started trail riding about a year ago. We have 16 miles of bike trails next to my house at Versailles State Park in Indiana. I started on a Mongoose Blackcomb. Cheap beginner bike but after a year of beating it to death on the trails, it never once bent or broke. This gave me the oppertunity to see if i would stick with it and eventually upgrade. I just purchased a Marin Bolinas Hydro 29er this week and cant wait to get it out there on the trails. This bike seems absolutely awesome. Anyone else ride Marin?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. I read alot of great reviews on Marin product and got a good deal on it so thats what i went with. Not to mention they look pretty sharp.

·
I'd rather be on my bike
2,749 Posts
I have ridden Versailles before. Was a really nice trail. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, Versailles is nice. They are planning on building another 16 miles of trail on the other side of the creek.

·
I'd rather be on my bike
2,749 Posts
Have you made it over to Brown County? Pretty amazing trails over there. Definitely have to ride there if you like Versailles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello sscarber!

I'm new to the forum and the sport as well. How do you like your Marin Bolinas? I am in the market for a bike and just returned home from my LBS after looking at a new 2014 Trek X-Caliber 4 & X-Caliber 6. I was about to pull the trigger today since the Trek April Sales Event is going on and a was offered $50 & $60, respectively, off each Trek. However, after getting home and doing a little searching I've come across a new 2013 Marin Bolinas in a 15" that I think might be a good choice.

I can get the Marin Bolinas for about $520, but it would require final assembly. However, I'm trying to decide how if compares to the Trek and was hoping you might have some insight seeing as how you own the Marin. Decisions, decisions...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts