Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals. I am new to the forum so I figured I would say hello. I started off in April @ 265lbs and this evening i am 216lbs. I recently was given a very crappy Mt. Bike that I love to ride. I grew up riding BMX in the late 80's and gave it up when I moved. So now I have been Mt biking for the last week or so and I love it.

Soooo anyway, I wanted to introduce myself to my fellow Clydes and I hope ya'll have a good evening.

Oh yeah. I was a professional Banjo player for several years, hence the name.:)

·
local jackass
931 Posts
welcome and congrats on the weight loss

·
some know me as mongo
690 Posts
congrats on the weight lose there. MTB is a great sport on so many levels and i'm sure you will keep on loving it.

I'n in NOVA right near alexandria. where are you located?

·
Reluctant Clydesdale.....
28 Posts
And I am at the other end of Virginia, in Southside. We have some great trails here, and ride groups.... Where are you in VA?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the late reply, I have been out in the woods with the family. I live just north of Charlottesville in an area called Keswick.

·
28 Posts
Well, if you come down 29 to the Danville area, just at the NC/VA state line, we have 25 miles of great single-track with various levels/challenges for any skill level. The local club site is www.svmba.org - check it out if coming through! Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jbebeau said:
Well, if you come down 29 to the Danville area, just at the NC/VA state line, we have 25 miles of great single-track with various levels/challenges for any skill level. The local club site is www.svmba.org - check it out if coming through! Jim
Thank you for the info Jim! I'll be down that way at the end on Aug for my wedding. I'll check out the link. I haven't had a chance to ride any real trails yet so that may be my first time!:)

·
28 Posts
Great,,, give us a post or PM when you are coming and we can connect you with some locals who will show your the trails! Congrats on your wedding.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts