Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies for the poor pic quality.. from a variety of cameras and dodgy photgraphers.

The bike held up superbly to a good alpine thrashing. With only my mate on his VP free and fox 40's quicker in a strait line.. it was only for the big big drops and very steep bits that i wish I had something bigger and slacker. It was lovely in the corners once I had it dialed!

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash

Check the dudes in matching Lycra sunning themselves!

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's in the bike park of chatel, I'm sure I've been there a lot of time ! Really the best part of the portes du soleil, but not the most known !
Some pics are nice ! I'll be there next week for two or three day, if you want to recognize me I have a green Ion !

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep chatel bike park got ridden a lot although we roamed all over the Portes du Soleil. awesome area with a real variety of trails.

Weather was awsome.. we really got lucky.. not to many braking bumps either!

Im back there end of next week... will get better pics then :)

I saw someone on a green ION when I was out there in the lift que.. weekend before last!

samwell - got any recommendations for favourite trails in the region?

·
Registered
226 Posts
If you haven't tried and if your level is good enough, you should really try champery, not only the World Cup track, but there are really good tracks there !
The tracks of Morgins are really the best for me, a lot of technical singles in the middle of the forest with northshore, really good !
There are also other stations near les portes du soleil, La clusaz is a good one wit really good tracks, and a lot of secret singletracks !
If you got the luck to stay near grenoble, I could show you other stations with really good trails too, but it's a bit far from the Portes Du Soleil
The Green Ion that you've seen was certainly Jerome BIGONI's one, the brother of the european junior champion last year ! He's really fast too !

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
Karve said:
Apologies for the poor pic quality.. from a variety of cameras and dodgy photgraphers.

The bike held up superbly to a good alpine thrashing. With only my mate on his VP free and fox 40's quicker in a strait line.. it was only for the big big drops and very steep bits that i wish I had something bigger and slacker. It was lovely in the corners once I had it dialed!
Awesome pics... Love the finnish on your bike, and the views and trails just look so fantastic... thanks for sharing...

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hows the healing going Scotty?

Last week..after coming back from the Alps.. and not having crashed once.. i was feeling that the skills were sharp and went for a post work spin round epping.. after nailing section after section.. i got a bit cocky... and hammered the last descent.. leaving the trail and hitting the road at the end at warp factor 9 the bike spun out as it hit the gravel....

I wasn't on the Nicolai BTW... my old cannondale... so no scratches on the bling machine!

lol

You live - You learn.. could have been a lot worse TBH

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
samwell said:
If you haven't tried and if your level is good enough, you should really try champery, not only the World Cup track, but there are really good tracks there !
The tracks of Morgins are really the best for me, a lot of technical singles in the middle of the forest with northshore, really good !
There are also other stations near les portes du soleil, La clusaz is a good one wit really good tracks, and a lot of secret singletracks !
If you got the luck to stay near grenoble, I could show you other stations with really good trails too, but it's a bit far from the Portes Du Soleil
The Green Ion that you've seen was certainly Jerome BIGONI's one, the brother of the european junior champion last year ! He's really fast too !
Cheers for the tips samwell!.. ill let you know if I find any of that next time i am there!

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Sweet sweet post.... Great shots even with crappy photography....

Heal up bro...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.