Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'd like to protect my Santa Cruz from unnecessary scratches during handling and cable rubs. And yes I know that it's a mountain bike and its meant to be dirty and all that. But please understand that its a very very expensive investment and I'd like to protect the from from scratches that aren't from a crash.

I am from Singapore it is hard to find a film here that suits what I want. Helitape seems to be what I wanted until I realised that I'm unable to ship it over here. So my question is, is there any bike protection film that I can buy online and ship it over here for a reasonable sum of money?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
Hello I'd like to protect my Santa Cruz from unnecessary scratches during handling and cable rubs. And yes I know that it's a mountain bike and its meant to be dirty and all that. But please understand that its a very very expensive investment and I'd like to protect the from from scratches that aren't from a crash.

I am from Singapore it is hard to find a film here that suits what I want. Helitape seems to be what I wanted until I realised that I'm unable to ship it over here. So my question is, is there any bike protection film that I can buy online and ship it over here for a reasonable sum of money?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading
Frame skin, from Australia?

Frameskin

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
I went down the automotive store and bought a roll of matte black tape that you use to black out your car. About 3/4" wide......not real thick, but you have to look closely to see it. Plus it was only $3 or $4 for about 15 feet.

·
Heart Plumber
337 Posts
I bought a thick translucid film used in advertising on floors. Is strong enough to endure people waking on it. One year and still in good condition.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
There's many things you could use. Window Tint can work as well as contact paper. You could even use generic packaging tape if you keep a close eye on it and change it out every so often. But bikes are bikes, it's bound to get scratched someday. I break out a key and get it over with anytime I buy something new.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got a roll of rocker panel clear cover from pep boys. 25 feet by 9 inches that I cut to spec. Use a blow dryer to soften it up and clean the frame with alcohol prior to applying. I have cut a long strip for the down tube, cut out a cool triangle to cover the chain slap area by the rear cassette and miscellaneous other cut outs to protect stuff. One roll has done 5 bikes and it has held up for over a year.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got a roll of rocker panel clear cover from pep boys. 25 feet by 9 inches that I cut to spec. Use a blow dryer to soften it up and clean the frame with alcohol prior to applying. I have cut a long strip for the down tube, cut out a cool triangle to cover the chain slap area by the rear cassette and miscellaneous other cut outs to protect stuff. One roll has done 5 bikes and it has held up for over a year.
Hi do you have a link as to where to purchase it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.