Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
34,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$49k. Kids to brighten up your day... priceless!!

Wsup everybody. today is a good day. I had little pain and I stayed alert most of the day.

The first 8 days were rough. A couple days, I just wanted to pass.

thanks ror the well wishes. i cannot believe the outpouring from mtbarrrr! My wife is A+++ btw. she's solid as a rock and is 1 million % supportive!

My left hand will be in a cast for 5 more weeks. My teeth will need to get done in three months.

I'll be loaning out my bikes btw. The bmc, the niner and my cross bike. I'd be much happier if they are put to good use.

regards,
fc

Attachments

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
Kids can make the worse day better!!

I can empathize with the one-finger typing thing. In high school I was hit by a car while riding to school. Bad news was I landed right on the 'funny bone', meaning nerve damage that lasted 3-4 weeks. I literally had to type ALL homework and classwork for the whole time. Math sucks that way.

Hang in there Francis. I'm really, really glad to hear your crash wasn't worse.:thumbsup: Hope to see you hitting the trails in the near future.

Fiona

·
Registered
710 Posts
Francois,

Glad to see that you and the family are dealing well. The smiles tell a huge story. Hope that you heal up well and quickly.

francois said:
I'll be loaning out my bikes btw. The bmc, the niner and my cross bike. I'd be much happier if they are put to good use.
Well, I don't think I want to borrow the BMC.

-Derek

·
29 inches and Pissed Off!
693 Posts
Frances,
Good to see your doing alright. I felt like rolling up in a ball when I heard what happened. It's great to have the support of your family and the rest of us out here. Get healed.

It never cost that much in Hawaii for a chopper ride, also, your bikes are too small, plus I have my own 29ers;) .

Dan C.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Get well quickly, Francois. We all miss you!!!!

Your crash scared the heck out of me. You are one of the most talented riders that I know... and if this could happen to you:yikes:

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Good to hear you're in good spirits and on a healing plan. Are you researching full-face helmets in your spare time?

As for the cost, hopefully insurance is taking care of the bills. It probably hurts worse to know you'll be off the bikes for a while.

Rest up!!!

·
Medium?
6,725 Posts
un b f ing leavable

Most of all I hope the 3yo isn't running for the hills every time she sees your now-ugly mug.

We drank every sip in your honor up in D'ville. I also skipped a couple stunts for one reason or another. I found out from Big Boulder on the shuttle on Friday.

I say you're good for an LG creek trail kids ride. Don't loan out the retro.

·
3.14159265358979323846…
2,847 Posts
Well, ya still look like Francis (that's a good thing!)

Kids are damn cute... Looks like daughter wants to be like dad... Just make sure she avoids those double squishy bikes and goes straight for the 29er.

I've very pleased to see you on the boards and happy to know that you have a great support network. You've done a lot for us Ultra Lord. I think I speak for many when I say we'd do alot for you. i look forward to seeing you on the trails again.

BTW... If all works well, I'll be heading to Demo next weekend. If I leave the GPS at home, there'll be room on the bars if you wanna come along for the ride. I promise I'll ride around the logs.

Get better homie!

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
Good to hear from you, Francios...

you always have such a great attitude. Keep us updated because we like you and miss you. You know if you need anyhing just ask and it shall be done. I do hope you heal quickly and with as little pain as possible.

Dwight

·
Slowest Rider
5,213 Posts
Ouch!

You need some extra pain killer, just for the Hospital bill. :eek:

And even at that price, you haven't even seen the dental bills yet! Hope you have good insurance.

When I took a 30 MPH tumble down a dirt road and went to the ER, my bill was only $8K, mostly for a couple CAT scans of my guts that were hurting a lot. My out of pocket deductible was $2K. (I'm sure my insurance will soon put in a non-MTB clause.) I used the bill to good use by convincing my wife that a better bike wouldn't have rolled on me, and would have saved us money. That's the story of how I got my Heckler. And it's mostly true, my Heckler has reduced my spills more than 10-fold over the Trek Fuel. :)

·
aka dan51
6,021 Posts
Hope the healing goes well for you.
When I saw the photos I actually thought you looked way better than I expected.

The cost of that flight is amazing. You could go to Europe and back 20 times for that price.

-Dan

·
Registered
312 Posts
Francois,
Best Wishes for a quick recovery. Looks like those kids make it all feel better. At least you'll have plenty of play time while off the bikes!

Get well,
kcav

·
enter and win
727 Posts
heart surgery was hella cheaper!!!!

Kids make it all better. Hope you're feeling more like yourself a little more each day. Thinking healing thoughts your way. Peace! bb

·
Registered
883 Posts
Good to hear from you Francis! I totally understand the frustration of typing with one hand. I broke my elbow after getting hit on my road bike last year and there were some tough days. It's hard not being as active as you're used to but it looks like you've got really good company to prevent you from lapsing into self-pity and depression.

Go Portugal!
Shiloh

·
Fart smeller
Tell us what parts you're using.
18,104 Posts
Gottdamm. :eek:

I hope you're going to spend some of this free time researching how to lower hospital costs. That is focking amazing. :madmax:

Then you can run for governor. I'd vote for ya.

Glad you're on the mend. Want to borrow my NordicTrack?

Gary

My Kaiser payment is a few days late. Uh oh.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts