Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I will be in whistler for Crankworx and are looking to heli bike down from Rainbow mountain ( 4 hour descent). Intermediate to advanced riding with a guide and Lunch. We need two more people to make it affordable. 450 per person with two people, 225per person with four. Canadian dollars. Any takers, email [email protected]

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
pcchef said:
My buddy and I will be in whistler for Crankworx and are looking to heli bike down from Rainbow mountain ( 4 hour descent). Intermediate to advanced riding with a guide and Lunch. We need two more people to make it affordable. 450 per person with two people, 225per person with four. Canadian dollars. Any takers, email [email protected]
225??? is that all day or just one trip....seems like a lot of fun

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I did that descent and believe me, you wouldn't be getting your money's worth if you went down twice. Its like a 5000' vertical trail, and its is steep. Once is enough. A second trip in one day is just asking to pay for another lift to the Hospital. Your brakes and your wrists will let you know that once is enough. I recommend making the trip though. I seperated my shoulder last year because I did the Heli drop on Rainbow and then afterwards I went to the bike park and kept riding when I was already tired. Over shot a tranny, couldn't keep it and sailed @ss over tea-kettle on the second jump of the last set on upper A-line.

Rainbow was awesome though, steep, loose and untamed, a true DH ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.