Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode this morning, very wet. Not unrideable by any means, but there have been a number of riders going around the wet areas and widening the trail.

There's a section on the loop, about 1/4 mile from the overlook going counterclockwise, about 20 yards long that should not be ridden until it dries out. It's the section with no rocks before the rocky section to the overlook. It's all mud.

Now it's time to clean my bike.

Later

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
Thanks!

S-Works said:
I rode this morning, very wet. Not unrideable by any means, but there have been a number of riders going around the wet areas and widening the trail.

There's a section on the loop, about 1/4 mile from the overlook going counterclockwise, about 20 yards long that should not be ridden until it dries out. It's the section with no rocks before the rocky section to the overlook. It's all mud.

Now it's time to clean my bike.

Later
Thanks for the update! It seems there are a couple of sections on Heil Valley that get icky when it's wet. They need to fix those sections, but in the mean time, if you walk such areas, as suggested, it'll save the trail from becoming 20 feet with there.

·
Obviously Single
1,143 Posts
I have let the county iknow about the problem ...

Debaser said:
It's funny that Boulder County has put in a ton of waterbars at Walker and Hall,.yet Heil needs them most. It's a muddy mess. Water is flowing straight down the trail. Huge Mud bogs.
I have let my contact in the county know about the problem.

I'll keep you guys updated if I find out anything.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Debaser said:
It's funny that Boulder County has put in a ton of waterbars at Walker and Hall,.yet Heil needs them most. It's a muddy mess. Water is flowing straight down the trail. Huge Mud bogs.
At least they put a patio in though, eh? Now I can bring up my grill and some lawn chairs, and have a garden party to the sound of the babbling brook.

Joking aside, Heil is one of my favorite trails, and I'll always have a soft spot for it, but it's definately more of a drainage ditch than a trail.

Is everyone working Tuesday morning? I'm actually going to RIDE my mountain bike, if ya'll'd care to join me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.