Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=7752906&page=2

monster : This is just a thought off the top of my head but maybe it would be worth your while to start a whole new thread with a title like "New Trails At Heights of Horseshoe? Tell Me How!". Just sayin'...

PT : I don't need trails at the heights... Racers do.
just telling

monster: I'm gonna say this for the benefit of us (and I'm trying to be constructive here), can you please make just one post, stating clearly what it is you're looking for? If you don't want the MTB festival at Horseshoe, great. If you want a grant to build new trails, great. I'm just looking for some clarity.

PT: I want the people who need it and are going to charge for it to also build it

monster: Taking a page from the Hard Rock handbook, LOVE ALL - SERVE ALL!
As far as I can tell, our biggest problem is not lack of builders but lack of legitimate places to build. If you have access to some land and you believe people should build before they ride/race, announce a build day. That would be awesome!

PT: back at you racer
the valley has none

monster: All in good time. Plans need approving before rakes hit the needles!

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Nerdgirl said:
I still don't get it.
Allow me to take a stab at this.

If people are so desperate to have events in the Horseshoe valley, they should contact Height of Horseshoe and get grants to build trails there so that they stay out of Copeland. :skep:

That being said, I think when he said Valley earlier, I thought he meant mine not his so there were definitely some crossed wires (imagine that) there... :)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Heights hosted the first 24hr and several other races back in the day. If my memory is correct the course was pretty fun. Good mix of climbing with a fun techy dh. But that was back in 94 and most of us were on fully rigid steel hardtails so the techy dh might not be soo tech anymore.

What about the trails that start just by the golf course on the heights side? Who's land are these on?

·
Ms. Monster
1,812 Posts
swabag said:
In the past 12 months there has actually been a good inflow of racers moving to "the valley". I'm also hearing rumours of a low key weeknight race series in the Copeland.
Too bad it seems Phat got himself banned. It would have been fun to see him virtually explode at this news. *ducks Phat shrapnel*

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
swabag said:
In the past 12 months there has actually been a good inflow of racers moving to "the valley". I'm also hearing rumours of a low key weeknight race series in the Copeland.
Hmm, maybe that's what set this whole thing off in the first place? :skep:

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Enduramil said:
So much for my idea of the 2011 Copeland Mudbog 10k in 4 weeks.;)
lol, the first and last foot race I entered (on a dare) was the Mudrun in Claireville Conservation Area. It was 10k too and actually a lot easier than I expected. Runnners... :rolleyes:

·
No. Just No.
5,361 Posts
Nerdgirl said:
Hahahaha! swabag broke PhatTyred!!!
Do you mean "broke" as in exploded head? Maybe all that youtube stuff was leakage after the fact?

For 6 million dollars I think we could rebuild him (no youtube links please).

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
hmm, the above post aimed at

the boss might have caused the cyber vacation... I am sure Phat is lurking... I was when I was banned... it sucks...

I referee basketball and if we (the refs) at the highest level, didn't grow some thick skin and self induced hearing issues, we would be ejecting coaches at every game we referee. Their language is not quite for public disclosure, and refs are always at fault. That is where thick skin helps keep them in the game and let the athletes decide the outcome...

Yeah, Phat has his style and not everyone likes it, BUT we got used to it and we deal with it with more or less success. Banning anyone, except true trolls, is affecting the forum in more negative than positive way... We've been on this topic before...

Sure, if you have 10 people complaining about same poster - go ahead, cool him down... But if it was one or two - forget it... Don't know what the case here was - hope it was not personal boss' feelings...

Isn't the "Money for nothing" ban ridiculous, because ONE person found it offensive?

Since that extended episode with certain HIM, this forum is not quite the same - just IMHO... I hope the new season of Tuesday Night Racing will change that for better...

To not derail the thread - swabag - are you just sucking our toes or you know more than you are saying about race series at Copeland???

Who would be the promoter?

Any hints?

Nerdgirl said:
Too bad it seems Phat got himself banned. It would have been fun to see him virtually explode at this news. *ducks Phat shrapnel*

·
No. Just No.
5,361 Posts
osokolo said:
I am sure Phat is lurking... I was when I was banned... it sucks...
Hint: when you were banned, and when anyone else is banned from MTBR by the admins, it displays the text "banned" under their user name.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.