Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am an Ibex owner, I own an Asta X 7, my girl friend has an Alpine 450. Feel free to look at my posting history for proof.

Just wanted to warn everyone to stay away from Ibex, I sincerely regret purchasing my first mountain bike from them it was a nightmare and almost put me off from the sport. I know this is not welcome here, so if you would like more information as to why Ibex is terrible feel free to PM me and I will give you the specifics.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Tamim said:
Hello I am an Ibex owner, I own an Asta X 7, my girl friend has an Alpine 450. Feel free to look at my posting history for proof.

Just wanted to warn everyone to stay away from Ibex, I sincerely regret purchasing my first mountain bike from them it was a nightmare and almost put me off from the sport. I know this is not welcome here, so if you would like more information as to why Ibex is terrible feel free to PM me and I will give you the specifics.
You talking the new Ibex or the old Ibex? You might have some news to catch up on :thumbsup:

·
"They Call Me Bone'z"
1,609 Posts
maybe if it was offered as a frame only i would!
i like the look of it over the sette serum. the sette has red paint... not a fan, needs to be blue.
the maroc has nice lines and the dropout's look clean. currious to know what just the frame weighs.

·
Registered
293 Posts
It'll quickly share what I liked and disliked:

- I liked how balanced the Iggy cockpit felt. Noticed a big difference when I switched to the Titus FTM.I felt like I had more control at higher speed on the Iggy. I have good memories of how fast I was on that Iggy.

- I disliked how the frame kept breaking on me.

- I disliked the sloppy feeling the bushings would get after a while. Noticeable movement.

I think if those issues were resolved, the iggy would be a great bike (at least for a $500 frame that is was).

So who did they say he stole the geometry from? Might try one of those next ;)

·
"They Call Me Bone'z"
1,609 Posts
my iggy rocked going down hill! the suspension felt way better in descents over my sette ace. it felt like it had more capacity then a giant trance. the trance is a trail bike but the ibex felt more stable when flying unlike the trance that kicked like an xc bike.
the iggy had a lot of potential when downhilling it. but was to heavy and not planted enough for my Xc needs.
mine never broke or got sloppy. i also ran it as a 2x9 so it didnt suffer any clearance issues.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Tamim said:

I just went through all your old posts and from reading just the headings it didn't appear you ever listed a problem with your Asta, what problems are you referring to?

·
DOH!
149 Posts
Wth?

I own and ride a trophy SS three times a week. I think it was made in 2007? I replaced the seatpost when it was new but that was it for the last 3 years of hard riding. I guess I have went through 2 full sets of tires and wore out a chainring or two. I am ready to see what they have in store for the ressurection. I hate you had problems brother.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had an 07 Ignition that I bought because it seemed a great value, especially just getting back into the sport. I really felt comfortable on the bike right away and was really happy with it. About 3 months after I bought it, I cracked the frame around the seat post. Ibex was totally apologetic and refunded my entire purchase price which I put towards the Atlas Pro. That bike was perfect for me in so many ways. I was so pleased with the customer service that I purchased an ignition for my wife. Long story short, both bike have been sold for lack of use but the Atlas still remains the best bike I've ever owned. Now I'm in a situation to ride again and I wish I had my Atlas! Disappointed that the new lineup doesn't include the Atlas and prices seem to be much higher than I remember. I'll keep an eye on them to see if any positive changes evolve.

·
Tossin the salad.
737 Posts
2006monster said:
I had an 07 Ignition that I bought because it seemed a great value, especially just getting back into the sport. I really felt comfortable on the bike right away and was really happy with it. About 3 months after I bought it, I cracked the frame around the seat post. Ibex was totally apologetic and refunded my entire purchase price which I put towards the Atlas Pro. That bike was perfect for me in so many ways. I was so pleased with the customer service that I purchased an ignition for my wife. Long story short, both bike have been sold for lack of use but the Atlas still remains the best bike I've ever owned. Now I'm in a situation to ride again and I wish I had my Atlas! Disappointed that the new lineup doesn't include the Atlas and prices seem to be much higher than I remember. I'll keep an eye on them to see if any positive changes evolve.
Good to know. I own a Asta, but it does not get much love with me on it's saddle, since I purchased a new bike.
As of now, it has been passed on to my son (13 yrs old) and he enjoys the FS compared to his old Scott hardtail.

You are also lucky to sell the IBEX's off. I for one, never would have got anywhere what I purchased it for and that was the main reason why I had to sell of my other two bikes (rocky mountain slayer & Vassago Bandersnatch). So in a way, I like to say that the IBEX is stuck with us in our family. :)
So far a very good bike for sure!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know the history or the "downfall" of Ibex and Jack. My dealings with them have been positive but it sounds like I got lucky? Too bad, they had some great bikes at even greater pricing. I seems like it all depends on the model. I can't say enough great things about my long gone Atlas pro and wish I still had it. Hope the new owners well although I noticed they took down the archive section of the ibex website. Bad move in my opinion, people need references!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.