Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered this in December here in Hong Kong, with the DHX Air shock. Seems SC had already give the Heckler some extra work to get a better fit for this shock.

The photos shows here in the FR mode, with 819 rims and 2.35 tires and flat pedals, around 32lbs.

For XC rides, she will have a pair of 240s hubs on Stan's ZTR olympics and eggbeaters, in that build, she is 27.5lbs.

She's a size small, beautiful white with blue andoized aluminium components like the CK and hope seat clamp. Planning to buy the CrankBros 5050 in blue too!

The ride is awsome. For those who remembered, I asked a few questions on this forum here before I placed my order, I would like to thanks all of you guys with the help on me ordering this frame, I have no regrets at all!!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice bike...

I'm just about to order a frameset in the UK. I was going with the DHX air option as well I wonder if the modifications will be on european models?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Weeble said:
Nice bike...

I'm just about to order a frameset in the UK. I was going with the DHX air option as well I wonder if the modifications will be on european models?
Don't worry.

Even the Heckler without the new modifications can accept a DHX air. Just a few of them will have clearence issues. I've e-mail SC about this when buying a new frame, they also told me it's a hit and miss if the frame is not using the DHX air originally.

So, you shouldn't have any problem if you're ordering a frame with DHX air, they will pick a frame that have enough space for the shock, install the shock into the frame, check for any problems, then send it to you.

For your case, since you're ordering a new frame, and will order it with a DHX air. Since the shock is always supply and install by the guys in SC, I think they of course will pick you a frame that has enough space before they send it to you, right?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
That looks like a good modification and it should not affect the structural integrity of the frame. The Heckler just got even more versatile.

·
Custom User Title
717 Posts
Nice bike! Congratulations!

I don't think that is trhe DHX-A mod though. You can see it actually isn't doing anything to help clear. The clearance issue on some bikes have been with the weld. I emailed SC about this and they had mentioned that they did this dent to fit other shocks but were still working on the DHX-A mod.

·
Registered
260 Posts
What have you got on your forks?

Is it some kind of plastic protection zip tied on?

I've got the same forks waiting for me when I get home (they'll go on a heckler too), so yours caught my eye.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
unclenorm said:
What have you got on your forks?

Is it some kind of plastic protection zip tied on?

I've got the same forks waiting for me when I get home (they'll go on a heckler too), so yours caught my eye.

Ha! You got to laugh at my idea.

They are just some transperant plactic water tubes, they are nearly 2mm think and only cost $0.2 USD for a foot. They do provide very very strong protection against anything. The only problem with it is when you get your bike wet, they tend to trap water inside them and stick onto the surface of the fork which makes it looks very obvious that you've put something onto your fork.

Anyway, since both scratching your fork or putting these plastic tubing on makes the fork looks ugly, I decided to take it off a few days ago, so my bike will be lighter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts