Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any input

I have a specialized epic and want something beefier. However, just for the heck of it I'll still take it trail riding. I just want something I can romp down stairs on, off ledges, and do some light freeriding...I don't expect anything over 6 or 7 feet. but who knows with the confidence these bikes impose on folks.

I'd only get a heckler with the 150mm fork.

just give a shout if you've been in this situation.

mainly, how much bike is the bullit???

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
A lot of people ride Bullits as all-arounds.

icrider said:
any input

I have a specialized epic and want something beefier. However, just for the heck of it I'll still take it trail riding. I just want something I can romp down stairs on, off ledges, and do some light freeriding...I don't expect anything over 6 or 7 feet. but who knows with the confidence these bikes impose on folks.

I'd only get a heckler with the 150mm fork.

just give a shout if you've been in this situation.

mainly, how much bike is the bullit???
Yeah, some even ride their 40 pound build-ups, but I'm talking about a Bullit in the honest 32-35 pound category. A Bullit at this weight is very rideable and can be climbed reasonably--even by a 52 year old guy. The Bullit in this pic is 32 lbs. and has been thrashed since '99 with no ill effects. The Z150 SL gives me lots of travel without the heft of a dual crown--that's on another Bullit. One of the other guys I work with at the shop has a Heckler with an '03 Firefly on it. He rode both my Bullits at Moab this year and definitely like this red '99 setup. His extra large Heckler weighs 31 lbs. and my large Bullit weighs 32. The Heckler is a very good bike, but I believe the Bullit will be better if you're going to run a 6" fork.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
TNC said:
Yeah, some even ride their 40 pound build-ups, but I'm talking about a Bullit in the honest 32-35 pound category. A Bullit at this weight is very rideable and can be climbed reasonably--even by a 52 year old guy. The Bullit in this pic is 32 lbs. and has been thrashed since '99 with no ill effects. The Z150 SL gives me lots of travel without the heft of a dual crown--that's on another Bullit. One of the other guys I work with at the shop has a Heckler with an '03 Firefly on it. He rode both my Bullits at Moab this year and definitely like this red '99 setup. His extra large Heckler weighs 31 lbs. and my large Bullit weighs 32. The Heckler is a very good bike, but I believe the Bullit will be better if you're going to run a 6" fork.
:drool:

Nice bike!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts