Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
never ender
1,314 Posts
If I was going to buy a new fork today, I'd probably get a Pike U-turn. But don't forget that getting a thru-axle fork means a new front hub, and therefore a wheel rebuild or an entirely new wheel. It's an expensive proposition, but if you can spare the cash it might be worth it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
fat_weasel said:
If I was going to buy a new fork today, I'd probably get a Pike U-turn. But don't forget that getting a thru-axle fork means a new front hub, and therefore a wheel rebuild or an entirely new wheel. It's an expensive proposition, but if you can spare the cash it might be worth it.
Not necessarily, I can convert my Hope Pro II Hub to thru-axle with a $15 conversion kit. ;)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
the 454 dual air is better. it rides stiffer yet comes very close to the plushness of the coil vanilla. the vanilla kinda lacks in the axle to crown that makes the heckler really handle. if u r XC minded, maybe look at the new vanilla 32 with a 140mm travel. the 454 will not let u down though, thats what i decided:thumbsup: both r great forks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.