Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Underweight Rider
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who has owned or switched between a Heckler(07+ if possible) and the 07/08 Spesh SX Trail? would like your opinion....i am thinkin of replacing my Medium 08 Heckler with a Medium 08 SX Trail. Parts will be moved from the current bike as per siggie.
Main reason would be the advantage of a slacker HA. Thanks.

·
Riiiiiide...
690 Posts
The SX is the one that belongs in the DH/FR forum, that being said the Heckler can be built up as a pretty strong aggressive AM/light freeride bike. What kinda riding you do??

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
wouldn't a more apt comparison be between a nomad and an sxt?

If you're doing some trail riding, with ups and downs, the heckler is tough to beat, Its cheap, strong, has good suspension action, and slap a 36 on there and its got perfect aggressive geo. Also enough travel to go ast on all trails but the real "DH" trails that you really want 8 inches of travel for.

If you're looking for jumps, a little more intense terrain, more shuttling, look at the nomad/sxt comparison If its an older nomad, keep in mind it'll climb like piss in the granny. If its a new one it should be more "ok" in the granny.

·
1,113 Posts
sxt all the way. the bb also makes the SXT a cornering machine.

Heckler is a decent bike.

You can build it up light or heavy, whereas you can;t do that as much with the sxt.

Also with the sxt vs a nomad/vpp you dont get into maintenance issues like with VPP.

I think the sxt pedals great, the 09 is even better.

If your coming from a burly heckler the sxt is a step up to more DH FR.

·
1,113 Posts
AznRider said:
Hohum....pedalling efficiency isnt a priority....could i still build a 'burly' SxT and huck more than the hecky? like i said, i would be using most of the stuff from my signature bike...
yes, SXT is probably the better choice.

I know many guys who have build there hecklers up for northstar and mini DH racing. Just dont cut it like the real deal with the proper angles.

The heckler can handle alot I think the other bike will do it better and you will be happier.

If you were sticking more to trail riding and staying on the ground I would say stick with the heckler. Also can probably build the heckler much lighter.

·
Underweight Rider
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The trails i ride at my Heckler considered 'can take it'....am thinkin the SxT just because of the slacker HA to handle some of the slightly gnarlier trails.....

P/s and yes...sometimes it really isnt all about the longer travel....geo does make a whole lotsa diff....
BTW any issue on rear flex?..not that it would matter to a 135lbs rider..perhaps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.