Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my shock off to send to PUSH, and I noticed my swing-arm was sitting slightly to the right. The non-drive side would hit the seattube, and there would be about a 2mm gap on the drive side. At first I was worried that the swing-arm was bent, but that was not the case. The problem lies in the connection to the pivot. I loosened everything up, pushed the swing-arm to the non-drive side, tightened everything down. It seemed to be lining up correctly, but as soon as I put the cap on the pivot, it was out of whack again.

Is there something I'm missing here? Now the non-drive side is touching the frame, while there is a 1mm gap on the drive side. Seems almost inconsequential, but I don't want to wreck my newly PUSHed shock. Has anyone else had this problem? It doesn't seem like I should need to use much (if any) leverage to get it to seat correctly. If I left that damned cap off, everything would be properly aligned. Very frustrating.:madman:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.