Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Heckler sizing help please !!!

558 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Decapatator 
#1 · (Edited)

Hope my new SC is better then this forum

#2 ·
Decapatator said:
Hope my new SC is better then this forum
Dude, what are you talking about? I looked at your other post, and all it said was "Thanks for the advice". If you ask a question, you might want to wait more than 10 hours before you get all huffy that nobody's answering. Especially on a day when most mtb'ers go riding. Try posting your questions again and give it a couple days and you'll probably get some help. Lots of heckler riders here willing to give advice. Give 'em time.

#3 ·
blunderbuss said:
Dude, what are you talking about? I looked at your other post, and all it said was "Thanks for the advice". If you ask a question, you might want to wait more than 10 hours before you get all huffy that nobody's answering. Especially on a day when most mtb'ers go riding. Try posting your questions again and give it a couple days and you'll probably get some help. Lots of heckler riders here willing to give advice. Give 'em time.
No your right, I guess im just not real pleased with my first SC experence and im taking it out on everyone right now. Sorry :)
I ordered a Heckler med black ano frame to be built at my not so lbs, The store called SC and they had one in stock and would send it out, well it turned out to be bent so they told the lbs they had a med silver ano to send. Ok not black but ok sounds like a nice color. So the frame gets to the shop on friday, I take the day off from work and sit in the shop from 10am to about 4:45pm waiting for it to be built, well at about 4:30pm I just wanted to get home when they brought the bike out to me I was ready to go. I did one turn in the parking lot and said thanks to my sales guy and I was off.
Well I get home and its to late to do a ride so I will wait for Sat morning. So Sat morning comes and I climb on and off I go but something just isn't right, well this is my first suspended bike so off to the trail and no more then 10min into it a kid rolls in front of me with his mini bike with a lawn motor eng and I hit my brakes and hop down on the top tube and spoke with a vary high sounding voice for the rest of the day :eek: So I get home and get the yard stick out and now discover that SC sent a large frame and not a medium one. So I am not real impressed with SC right now.

#4 ·
Okay, so SC sent through the wrong frame size, but neither you or your LBS noticed either... I'm 100% sure your LBS will sort it out with SC. On the bright side though, you have your bike. Some people have been waiting for over 6 months here in the UK for Hecklers!

#5 ·
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, getting a new bike should always be a happy time. Hopefully you will be a priority now with SC since they sent the wrong size. As far as waiting for the lbs to build it, sometimes I forget how lucky I am to have an lbs that lets the "special" customers hang out and work on their bikes in the shop.

So what were your questions, anyway?

#6 ·
blunderbuss said:
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, getting a new bike should always be a happy time. Hopefully you will be a priority now with SC since they sent the wrong size. As far as waiting for the lbs to build it, sometimes I forget how lucky I am to have an lbs that lets the "special" customers hang out and work on their bikes in the shop.

So what were your questions, anyway?
Well I got it all sorted out, and I am a happy camper now. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.