Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just interested in some different thoughts. They are both on sale for a little over $1000. Santa Cruz Heckler comes with a Fox Float R, Titus Motolite comes with a Fox RP23.

I also posted this in the frame discussion board but I was interested in some local thoughts. I ride at Alafia, Boyette, and Santos. Which frame do you think would be best down here.:confused:

·
Registered
887 Posts
I know people that ride both...the Heckler will be a bit burlier and heavier while the Motolite will be lighter and bit more xc oriented. If you regularly like to catch some air on the trails and hit some drops, get the Heckler, but if your idea of fun is ripping up the trails as fast as possible, go with the Titus.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up. I'm kind of leaning toward the motolite. I also like that they are made in the USA. That always kind of bummed me out that Santa Cruz went overseas. I know it keeps prices down but it kind of hurts the brand.

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Titus have all but their high end stuff made overseas (titanium frames made here). How old are the frames? New or used and if the latter how old. I love my ML, but if I had to buy one today I wouldn't rule out a Heckler if it's in good shape.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cyclopod said:
I'm pretty sure that Titus have all but their high end stuff made overseas (titanium frames made here). How old are the frames? New or used and if the latter how old. I love my ML, but if I had to buy one today I wouldn't rule out a Heckler if it's in good shape.
Both frames are brand new 2009 models. The Titus is made in the USA.

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
I stand corrected. I had to check, the 2008 ML-1 was made in Taiwan, but the ML-2 was made here at home.
Enjoy the ML. I noticed that it's not on the 2010 catalog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.