Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding a medium (18") previous frame heckler for the last few years which fits like a glove and rides like the wind.
The time may have come though to upgrade to the new heckler, but of course the new mediums are 17". At a shade under 6ft, can i get away with this smaller frame, or should i go up to a large.
I do a variety of riding and have always gone for a smallish frame with a 80mm stem - personal preferance i guess.
Anyone out there a similar height / done a similar swap.....will look forward to any advice, thanks.
p.s. yeah, i've spent hours comparing figures and angles, but find personal experience counts more!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hekler Size

hi-just under 6ft and on a new heckler L with a 70mm/5d stem (+ a joplin so offset a little)-have had mediums and fine but this large H with small stem feels perfect.
Get a ride in if you can-the geo differs to your older H as well which tightens things up a little-I reckon the M will feel too tight for you Cheers

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I was in the exact situation.

I rode a Medium 2003 Heckler for a couple of seasons. I am 6ft with long legs and a short torso.
I was deciding back and forth, but in the end I went with a Large new Heckler.

And it is perfect. I have a 50-60mm stem on there and a straight Thomson post (I like it compact) and the bike suits like a glove.
I always felt the Medium felt a bit cramped and had back pain after long climbs, but I loved it for it snappy feeling.
The Large feels a lot better though. Actually I find that it doesn´t exactly feel large.

I am sure you will like the Large and the Medium would be too small for climbing.

Greetings Znarf

·
addict
347 Posts
I third that

I'm 6'0 and ride a Large new-gen Heckler with a straight Thomson seatpost and 70mm stem. I like the fit but feel a bit cramped on extended climbs, but perfect for descents, a trade-off that I can easily live with. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'll fourth that. A little over 5-11 here and the large w/ straight post and 50mm stem work great for me on my late model Heckler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts