Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
lover not a fighter
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's a rare thing when something that is almost universally touted actually lives up to billing... well, I am happy to report that such is the case with my new (lightly used 04) root beer Heckler!

I'm a Clyde and have read herein about how the Heckler is the ultimate Clyde bike... I concur.

I have never been as comfortable on two wheels! I've only rode 30 mile on MUT so far, but I already know this is going to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

I think I am in love...

bob:D

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
I'm not surprised. The Bullit, Heckler, and Nomad all seem to have performed above most people's expectations. The Heckler really doesn't surprise me, because it's kind of like a mini-Bullit...without too much on the mini side. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Hey Big Boy, Lunch special over!!!!

Hey Big Boy, Lunch special over!!!! Louis Anderson talking about his visit to a chinese all you can eat buffet. Had to see it I guess.

Anyhow, I am also a Clyde and geared up probably weigh around 245. My Heckler has been awesome and keeps getting upgraded every so often. First a Pike Team at 140mm of travel, then a Z1FR1 with 150mm and as of this past weekend a Fox 36 Vanilla with 160mm of travel. The Fox is the most amazing fork I have ever ridden. I have the 36 Vanilla R model which Speedgoat.com is blowing out for $549.00 right now. That is an amazing deal. I bought my for less than that but it was used. Anyhow, you are going to love your Heckler more and more as time goes by. They are amazing. I also have a Bullit which is another amazing bike but since getting the Heckler it has become the bike I ride the most.

I just have to show it off in all its' glory. Check the links below:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/lonewolfe59/PICT0041.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/lonewolfe59/PICT0040.jpg

Rthur2sheds said:
it's a rare thing when something that is almost universally touted actually lives up to billing... well, I am happy to report that such is the case with my new (lightly used 04) root beer Heckler!

I'm a Clyde and have read herein about how the Heckler is the ultimate Clyde bike... I concur.

I have never been as comfortable on two wheels! I've only rode 30 mile on MUT so far, but I already know this is going to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

I think I am in love...

bob:D

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Slacker

Yeah, it does slacken the head angle up a bit. It is working out fine for all but the steepest climbs and I usually end up pushing on those anyway. But, the ride going down is unlike anything I've ridden. I cannot believe the way the 36 tracks and just seems to float over everything. I have a 66RC on my Bullit and had a 888 on there as well and I swear those forks did not float over rocks and ruts the way this 36 does. I've been primarily a Marzocchi guy for a long time and the 36 has a completely different feel to it. I need to get some more ride time in to really evaluate the fork but so far, I'm really impressed. I had a
Z1FR1 on my Heckler prior to installing the 36 Vanilla and amazingly, the two forks weigh exactly the same right down to the gram.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ahhh the ol Heckleritis The permanent sickness that is developed soon after riding a heckler for the first time.:D After only a few minutes of riding my Heckler I felt as if I had been riding the bike for years. I guess that's to be accredited partly to a hand build up from bare frame to complete bike but theirs just something magical about the Heckler. This is my baby that I saved and slaved for to build and it's taking my ability as a rider to new levels that I would not have reached without it. damn I can't wait to ride!:ihih:

·
bump and grind
707 Posts
my sentiments exactly!

Muddy Bike said:
Ahhh the ol Heckleritis The permanent sickness that is developed soon after riding a heckler for the first time.:D After only a few minutes of riding my Heckler I felt as if I had been riding the bike for years. I guess that's to be accredited partly to a hand build up from bare frame to complete bike but theirs just something magical about the Heckler. This is my baby that I saved and slaved for to build and it's taking my ability as a rider to new levels that I would not have reached without it. damn I can't wait to ride!:ihih:
I likewise literally hand built the entire bike around two months ago. I started as soon as I got home with the frame. Stayed up till 3 am. It changed my riding experience, coming from a hardtail. Everything is bombable. Everything can be a potential jump. Long downhill fireroads are meant to be taken without touching the brakes, except at the last moment. Since then I've crashed twice, since I cant seem to prevent myself from trying to see how fast I can go, or how big... Ahh yes. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Rthur2sheds said:
LOL... slackdaddy, eh? Is that more surfer lingo, Dave?

btw... I'm up here in NYC at a convention...missing my Heckler!

bob~
Nope, wasn't me....

I hear ya on the away issue. I'll be out of the country for 2 weeks in another week! Trying to get as much in as I can before I head out!

Loc'n heavily on the new rig!!

D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.