Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
never ender
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JHK's question got me thinking about this topic. I ordered my Heckler at the end of this year's production run, or however it works at SC, and wound up with a high-volume, high-Propedal Float R rather than the Swinger Coil that was supposed to come with my kit (D complete). No bones about that-I had wanted an air shock anyway, but I do have a couple major gripes about the Float. It's a little harsh during seated pedaling, but blows through travel faster than I'd like it to. My solution has been to run fast rebound and high pressure, which works okay, but I'm planning on getting my shock pushed soon.

I've seen mixed reviews on this board about using high volume and/or Propedal (RP3 or 23) air shocks, with a couple of people saying that these kinds of shocks are a bad match for the Heckler because of its falling-rate design. I can't find anything on the SC website about it though. Can anybody clarify this?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.