Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am wanting to get a heckler and i will be riding some aggresive xc and doing a fair amount of drops/jumps i am about 6"4' and 160 i think i will get a large but i have not been able to get on one for a test ride and not sure if the large would be to small. i would appreciate any feedback you can give me and also i have been looking at some other bikes such as the mkIII and want to get any opinions on them that i can.

·
Registered
743 Posts
At your height I would definitly recomend the large, at the same time it's important to try it out yourself and find out what you feel comfortable on. When freeriding some people prefer smaller frames that are easier to move around.

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Go XL Heckler for sure

hac0555 said:
i am wanting to get a heckler and i will be riding some aggresive xc and doing a fair amount of drops/jumps i am about 6"4' and 160 i think i will get a large but i have not been able to get on one for a test ride and not sure if the large would be to small. i would appreciate any feedback you can give me and also i have been looking at some other bikes such as the mkIII and want to get any opinions on them that i can.
I think the Large would be too small for you. At just over 6' even, I found the Large would work OK for me, but the XL would provide more stability for the XC riding I do. The standover height was the same. Santa Cruz charts are pretty much right as I'm at the bottom of the XL range and just get by with a short 90 mm stem and my 36" long arms and legs.

Try and check out the bike before buying. I was debating on the two and finally found a bike store (45 minutes away) that had a Large for me to demo. I also got my local bike shop to agree to swap the parts back to a Large for only a $100 labor fee in the first few days if it didn't work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.