Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SuperKat7 said:
2004 heckler w/ a DHX coil, 150 with gear, about 110 psi. Awesome upgrade from the Progressive 5th I had on there.
Thank you, I was tempted to buy a Heckler with a 5th element on it but at the end I bought it with the Fox, it seems Im not going to regret having bought the Fox!!, it feels nice.
Anyway, I ve read other users that the coil should be 50 lbs harder than recommended by Fox, but mine is #350 and it feels OK at the moment, weighing about 190lbs should I be looking for a harder coil??cheers!!!

·
Deadhead
367 Posts
190-200lb with gear, 450lb spring with one turn of preload, 150 psi in the boost chamber, bottom out turned all the way in, 5 clicks from full open on the propedal. This setup works pretty well for trail riding and the occasional big drop.

·
Dirt Rag Extraordinaire
637 Posts
Fox DHX 5.0 spring problems...

hi,

i have an 04 Heckler, and have just replaced my trusty old 5th Element for an 07 Fox DHX 5.0. i weigh about 200 lbs and after asking around decided to go with a spring 50 lbs above the Fox/Santa Cruz recommended. so i got a 400 lbs but i was sitting too far into the travel. so now i've got a 500 lbs spring with no real preload and no added air pressure in the shock (75 lbs), but it just seems too stiff. attmitedly i haven't gone out for a ride yet, but just cruising around the block, off gutters etc. it doesn't seem any better than the 5th Element. what's the deal?

i appreciate your feedback, cheers :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.