Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I Like Bicycles
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been browsing around these forums and I've seen quite a number of lime green SC's. However, many of the photos I've seen appear to reflect different hues of green.

So, I was wondering if there was anyone who had any unposted photos of their lime green SCs, to post 'em here so I can make a decision. It's either green, or white... err, possibly yellow. Anyways, I can't seem to make up my mind!

Lastly, is the SC green very similar to that of Cedric Gracia's Commencal Supreme DH??? 'Cos if it is, I'm sold. (See reference photos below)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

my yellow one, the SC green is not as bright as the Commencal, I was looking at a lime green Blur LT next to a Commencal super 4 in super lime green, this after noon.
the commencal glows.

·
I Like Bicycles
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jeffus said:

my yellow one, the SC green is not as bright as the Commencal, I was looking at a lime green Blur LT next to a Commencal super 4 in super lime green, this after noon.
the commencal glows.
Yeah, no one does lime green like Commencal.

I read that you did your yellow powdercoat is aftermarket. So, is that SC's yellow? Or another company's?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Its called Italian Yellow, its not quite the same as the SC hard to tell on the screen, its actually got a slight lime colour to the yellow, where the SC is more creamy yellow but first glance they look very similar, genuine SC decals and head tube badge clear coated,
I almost went lime green myself, it was decided with the toss of a coin, and yellow it was.
I just thought it would give you a feel for yellow as you mentioned it as a choice.:thumbsup:

·
I Like Bicycles
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jeffus said:
Its called Italian Yellow, its not quite the same as the SC hard to tell on the screen, its actually got a slight lime colour to the yellow, where the SC is more creamy yellow but first glance they look very similar, genuine SC decals and head tube badge clear coated,
I almost went lime green myself, it was decided with the toss of a coin, and yellow it was.
I just thought it would give you a feel for yellow as you mentioned it as a choice.:thumbsup:
Man, I'm craving yellow now...

·
Registered
762 Posts
jeffus said:
Who did the work? Was your frame powder coated before you had it painted or was it anodized?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
the frame was powder coat before orange, the frame was really chipped from stones from my trip to France and also scraped from the chair lifts, so decided to give it a new look,
Argos cycles in Bristol did it, it was powder coated then the decals applied then clear coat over the top, the original SC decals had also started to peel off, so the clear coat should stop that, I'd done about 5000miles so the frame was tired looking, I also bought the Pro pack and had my shock serviced so the frame was better than new.

I also had new wheels built , new Hope brakes and a King headset, looks just like new now

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
The green from SC is kind of like the Kawasaki green.

They had a limited quantity of anodized lime green for the magazines when BLT1 first came out. But they denied that it exist when my former dealer called them.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
£180 inc postage and tax, don't know what SC UK would charge, most bike shops use Argos cycles for paint and some frame repairs. It almost seems to be if it cost £1 in the UK it will cost $1 in the US.

Lime green does rock. perhaps I will change the colour in a couple of years to lime green:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.