Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I recommend the Heckler to second generation trail riders - hard-core mountain bikers who have well developed bike handling skills and have cranked many miles on dual-suspension bikes" - Mountain Bike Action, January 2003.
What do you think about the heckler as first Full suspension bike?
(I ride a specialized hardtail for about a year XC \ Trail).

·
I Just Ride
284 Posts
The heckler will be a great first fs bike for you.

Every once in awhile MBA will have some good technical info but don't pay any attention to their "recommendations" they usually contradict themselves if not in the same article then in another issue.

·
What are you looking at?
949 Posts
110 said:
"I recommend the Heckler to second generation trail riders - hard-core mountain bikers who have well developed bike handling skills and have cranked many miles on dual-suspension bikes" - Mountain Bike Action, January 2003.
What do you think about the heckler as first Full suspension bike?
(I ride a specialized hardtail for about a year XC \ Trail).
I'm NOT going to say MBA is wrong but it's my first fully and it's the funnest bike I have ever owned.

·
Registered
385 Posts
its my second mt bike, and my first full suspension mt bike. my first is a 2000 gary fisher hardtail. i was considering the bullit for the longest time, then the new heckler came out. been a great bike so far, i have an 03.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've had 2 FSRs, a blur and a Heckler. Heckler is a great trail bike overall. I don't think it is as good in the tight twisty stuff, but I am running a pike, so this should be expected.
Just aim and hang on!! Great choice, but I haven't ridden a BLT or a Nomad

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.