Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a used 04-05 large frame plus a few goodies for pretty cheap and now am building the rest up. I am on a bit of a budget so I couldn't go all out. X.9 shifters, FSA xtreme cranks, raceface srx bb (I realize this is likely crap but...), and a Manitou Minute 1.00. This will mostly be a XC bike with the occasional FR (sub 5ft') drop/jump. Anything I need to look out for while building it up?

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
2morrow said:
I picked up a used 04-05 large frame plus a few goodies for pretty cheap and now am building the rest up. I am on a bit of a budget so I couldn't go all out. X.9 shifters, FSA xtreme cranks, raceface srx bb (I realize this is likely crap but...), and a Manitou Minute 1.00. This will mostly be a XC bike with the occasional FR (sub 5ft') drop/jump. Anything I need to look out for while building it up?
nothing to look out for but I think you'll find that the bike is begging for more fork. I dont think Id ride a Minute off a 5' drop so Id be careful or make sure you're soopa smooth. the only thing that's funky is the rear derailer cable routing. I ran mine on the left side of the headtube and then back under to the stop. I also used full housing. If you do that, get the small zip ties since the large ones wont fir through the holes. I guess thats it. Have fun on it (impossible not to, imo!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.