Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running a bolt though or bolt up hub on the back of a Heckler? Any generation of the Heckler, just want to get any feedback from any using one and what difference its made. Basically is it worth it? Thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SC Ex said:
I have an '04 Heckler, using a bolt-on King hub. I like it.

What are you trying to achieve by using a bolt-on hub?
Just to tighten up the back end a bit. Is it a noticeable difference? I run the 20mm up front and that was night and day compared to QR front.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
thecrackerasscracker said:
i have an 08 heckler with easton havocs with a bolton and it made the rear end a lot tighter
not as much flex as before
I run Havocs, and am interested in switching over to a bolt thru. How'd you do it? What'd you use? Thanks!

·
padded
705 Posts
thecrackerasscracker said:
call easton they have a kit with a new axle with bolts and comes with instructions
search in this forum someone posted pic s of this
i think it worth it i snapped my qr and got this
Sweet! I've got a set of Havocs on my '04 Heckler and love them, but miss the bolt-on rear that I was running on my FR wheels. I'll definitely give them a call.

·
Tough Guy Extraordinaire
601 Posts
I run a bolt through king on my 07 SL. It made a huge difference in the rear. Took a ton of the squishiness out. Since the two frames are so similar, I would bet you would have the same improvements with the heckler.

I can't wait to get a new fork so I can upgrade the front!

Don't know about the other makes, but you can pull the kings off with on 8mm. You don't need two.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am not a fan of QR axles. The only QR on my Heckler is the set post clamp. That said, I do have a wheelset with Hope Pro II hubs, bolt on rear, QR front. I use a DT Swiss RW something or ROUS or whatever they are called; that gets the front pretty tight.

jeffus - there used to be a company, four or five years ago, that made an after-market chromoly swingarm for the Bullit. For people who thought the Bullit was not stout enough!

Isn't the Maxle 150mm x 12mm? Wouldn't that require a complete redesign of the Heckler of the swingarm?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have a maxle on one of my bikes and that is 150x12 , chromoly swing arms sounds great, must have been very strong, Heckler back end like that would be cool, just did a quick search and you can get 135x12 maxle :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.