Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heckler has 17.1 in chain stays. would this be a possible set up for a 29er? with a White Bros BW 1 or is there a 5in 29er fork? The bulit that has been retrofited is were im going with this.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Chris

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
More important is how much free clearance there is measured from the rear axle. Do you meet a chaisntay or seatstay bridge before you reach 14.7" or so? Are at 13.5" from the axle the stays wide enough to house a tire?
Seen the other way : with a 26" wheel mounted, it there another 1.5" towards the BB at the chainstays and towards the seat tube on the seatstays?

White Brothers will make a 5" fork if you ask nicely and pull your wallet. Check the Behemoth thread.

·
Registered
548 Posts
attn dancing bear

Hi Cloxxi

There is a fellow 29er here in S Florida who runs a heckler with a 29er front wheel and a white brothers 0.8, the back wheel is of the 26' variety. Maybe dancing bear would like to chime in if he's not busy with trail maintenance....

-jv

ps stay tuned for missing 29er info...

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
It's not rolling now, but I once put a 29" front wheel in my VooDoo Canzo FS. Due to the Canzo being a 80mm corrected bike, I had to use a rigid fork for the job. I didn't try it myself, I was too much into my new 29" bikes at the time, but my buddy took it with him to our favorite trail, and he said the front (Kenda Klaw) had more grip than he could find a use for. He would have preferred some suspension though, the balance was a bit gone.

I guess a Heckler is built for a bit more than 80mm, right? If you leave the 26" wheel out back while putting a 29" up front, you lose some 60-65mm of travel if you don't want the front to rise and angles tpo slacken.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.