Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode Pakaloa and ADD(Bridges) at Sawyer this morning. ADD is covered in serious amounts of blowdown. Grab a tree or two when you're out there and throw it off the trail. Several sections need a chainsaw to get the job done.

·
Registered
305 Posts
other areas at sawyer

I rode toy tree, eds woods and other sections today as well. Lots of blowdowns. We cleared as much as we could as we went along but a chainsaw will be needed for some big stuff.

Too bad...the trails were perfect today. I think I have dust on my bike...no mud whatsoever.

zdfg said:
Rode Pakaloa and ADD(Bridges) at Sawyer this morning. ADD is covered in serious amounts of blowdown. Grab a tree or two when you're out there and throw it off the trail. Several sections need a chainsaw to get the job done.

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kmc said:
I rode toy tree, eds woods and other sections today as well. Lots of blowdowns. We cleared as much as we could as we went along but a chainsaw will be needed for some big stuff.

Too bad...the trails were perfect today. I think I have dust on my bike...no mud whatsoever.
The hoarfrost in the ground was certainly unique to ride on.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
The frost is always super tack, and just like the Matrix, this kind of thing happens to Sawyer every year. :)

That's why much respect must go out to the trail workers out there, especially after the wind storm in 03 holy crap i never thought it would be the same after that one!

·
Registered
373 Posts
zdfg said:
Again? Man, things were finally flowy out there after the last big blow -- which blew! :-o

Not a whisper of wind down south this weekend, just that old pitter-patter starting last night. . . . Crossing fingers for warmer temps at last. :-]

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey, how'd things go in Anacortes Sunday? How about tackin' on a report on that other thread? P-w-ease! :-]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts