Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
pedal pusher
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any ideas. I couldnt keep it down and it was higher then normal even under lower efforts. I called it a day. I still feel tired and somewhat winded. Does this happen from over training? I had a heavy week in the gym. For reference it would staya round 180 to 190:D

·
Registered
93 Posts
You said it, it sounds like your body is still still trying to recover from the week you gave it. A higher HR is a sure size of this. For myself in this case I could be 10-12 beats higher then normal doing the same ride/same pace.
Sounds like you need an extra day or two off.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I do agree that being fatigued will make it harder to increase your HR. That's happened to me.

Try to rest a few days. If it continues, call the doc to be on the safe side. There's certainly no harm in doing that.

·
rad to the power of sick
1,969 Posts
smw said:
any ideas. I couldnt keep it down and it was higher then normal even under lower efforts. I called it a day. I still feel tired and somewhat winded. Does this happen from over training? I had a heavy week in the gym. For reference it would staya round 180 to 190:D
If you're recovering or perhaps just in the early stages of catching a cold your HR will also be through the roof.

Last week during training my HR was 18 beats higher than normal...sure enough I had the flu two days later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.