Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have a problem with my hear rate monitor strap. I rode today and it worked fine. It was a mild day as far as weather goes.
However, in recent mournings (were it is 32-40) degrees the strap seems to have problems picking up. I am also riding with an extra layer on. It still should work shouldent it?

(its a polar strap)

goat

· DeForest Stump
975 Posts
Are you wearing it against your skin? They require skin contact I beleive and a little moisture - ie sweat- helps. Perhaps the cooler temps and reduce sweating is causing the problem. Try moistening the the pickup slightly next time. That's what the instructions for mine suggested anyway.

· Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went on a ride yesterday and it worked. However, the weather was a little warmer (I went late afternoon) and I was wearing only two layers. So I am thinking that the weather and 3 layers I wear in the mourning play a huge role. Guess I have to wait and see.

· trail rat
7,794 Posts
You can get a gel for HRMs at most places that sell them, or order online. I makes the conductance throught the skin much better. Here is an example.

I do not buy from them or endorse them, just a quick Google search. I use an HRM at the insistence of my cardiologist (or he bans me from the bike), and he gives me tubes of medical stuff when I visit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.