Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at new frames this particular shop,and went to a shop that sells ellsworth to check out a truth. I mentioned that I also wanted to look at a Turner Flux, and the shop guy told me that Turner licences its suspension design from ellsworth, and proceeded to tell me some story about Turner being required to display licensce info on its bikes and hiding them with chainstay protectors. I am wondering if there is any truth to his tale. Does Turner pay license fees to ellsworth for use of thier design???

·
Registered
410 Posts
Pedalfaraway said:
I was looking at new frames this particular shop,and went to a shop that sells ellsworth to check out a truth. I mentioned that I also wanted to look at a Turner Flux, and the shop guy told me that Turner licences its suspension design from ellsworth, and proceeded to tell me some story about Turner being required to display licensce info on its bikes and hiding them with chainstay protectors. I am wondering if there is any truth to his tale. Does Turner pay license fees to ellsworth for use of thier design???
No.. not any more - the HL was licenesed from Specialized ellsworth & titus pay specialized as well for the HL then ellsworth came up with some imaginary line called ICT & somehow convinced someone at the US patent office that this was real & made a difference to a design that had been used for about 10 years - so EW got the patent & in turn - turner had to pay EW this ICT patent fee,which is the real reason that turner now uses a seatstay pivot in there current design - if ya need the HL get the turner if you are looking & considering the seatstay pivot get the ventana el salty either way i would choose either the ventana or turner (hl or tnt) before the ellsworth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.