Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
consistent default champ
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at several bikes right now. I went to one shop and the salesman told me that the HeadShok Super Fatty Ultra DL was the worst fork ever made. He was of course promoting a different one.
Has anyone had a bad time with the fork?
He was pushing the RockShox Pilot SL that was on a bike he was showing me.
Thanks

23 Posts
got 1600 on mine

Man i have had my F600 for a year now with well over 1600(all trail miles) . The fatty doesnt leak a breath of air ,and I have been anything but nice to it. Tuff fork always super smooth . All i can say are good things about it ,,its stiffer,and lighter(1310g i think) than alot other forks out there ,and when you lock it out it is as solid as a rigid fork. My only complaint is it doesnt have any adjustments besides air preload. Magura has that covered they make a upgaded internal cartridge with compresion adjustment. I think it realy comes down to personal preferance ,but the head shock blows a pilot outa the water any day of week (IMOP)

·
consistent default champ
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I am looking at an F600 actually. My lbs is ordering one in for me to test ride. How do you like yours? I am getting it for XC racing (still a beginner). My Specialized Rockhopper is very heavy and the drivetrain has some serious issues.

23 Posts
cant think of a better beginer bike for the money. couple of minor upgrades and mines down to like 23 lbs . i have been racing mine ,i love the bike. plus you can fit big tires. oh one thing if your going for the disc version ,,spend a little extra and make sure you get the bb7 avids. since sram bought avid they have like a oem mechanical now (bb5). the bb5 doesnt have the pad adjustment.

·
consistent default champ
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks mtn_bikin_bassplayer

May I inquire as to what the upgrades were? I am probably going to put my pedals on and my seat from my old bike. Probably the tires as well (really like my Trailbears)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.