Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys -

I've got a customer who needs a rigid fork for his Cannondale cyclocross bike - a 70mm travel model. He does not have the fork anymore, however, and doesn't know the axle-crown. Some searching online has turned up nothing, so I thought I'd ask - does anyone have experience with these forks (or own one) who can help us out?

Thanks for any info. I may end up having him get an angle finder and try to guesstimate, but I'd rather find some hard numbers somewhere.

-Walt

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had a 2002 Cyclocross Ultra a few years ago. Its original fork was actually a 25mm travel one -- the Fatty Ultra X. (Good luck finding one of these, by the way...) I don't think Cdale ever made a Headshok tubed CX frame suited for a 70mm travel fork.

I do recall measuring the axle to crown height but I never wrote it down. From memory I think it was around the 430-440mm mark; i.e. a suspension-corrected 26" rigid fork would be in the right ballpark.

Ah, found an old thread of mine that might have some useful info; http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=252816&highlight=fatty+ultra+x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.