Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The headshock on my 2010 Badboy Solo is squeaking a little. Since the bike was delivered by AAFES overseas and assembled by a local Japanese bike shop (probably not Cannondale authorized service), is there any initial service on the headshock they may have forgotten. Any way to lube it?

I found a few loose screws around the bike that were easily tightened. The headshock is my only concern.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
BDB
76 Posts
Yes and your probably right about the assembly, I've spent many years overseas (Air Force) and have bought bikes from the BX and they all lack decent assembly. Now not sure how the C-dale's come from the box but my 06 F600 was good to go from the dealer now that I'm here in the US. I did have to re-lube the headshock a few months ago though just for normal up keep.

To do this, remove the lower zip-tie and raise the boot up now apply good grease to the flat areas on the inside, you'll see what I mean when you move the boot up. If this doesn't fix the noise not sure what else could be wrong.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.