Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've an old Fatty Ultra fork and want to upgrade to a Carbon SL lefty later down the road. Will Cannondale accept it for the Trade-in program if the paint was removed from it?

Thanks

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,486 Posts
jiar577 said:
I've an old Fatty Ultra fork and want to upgrade to a Carbon SL lefty later down the road. Will Cannondale accept it for the Trade-in program if the paint was removed from it?

Thanks
Can't see why not, unless your regional rep want's to be a A hole. It's trade in, not warranty. Good luck!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cannondale4Life said:
What is this trade in program you speak of?
You can trade in your old Cdale frame for a new one at a discount price. Headshock forks can be traded too. You should be the original owner as far as I know. There's plenty on info on this topic, try a search.

Some says it's not a good deal but I guess it depends on how old or how beat is your older frame/fork.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Just a few days ago I emailed Cannondale with the serial # of my old Delta V700 to confirm the year and get info info on the fork (I bought it in '93, and I've been assuming what it is). They mentioned the fork trade program, so here's the email in case you are interested. I like the little reference to the fork being "Jurassic" :D

I was quite impressed - they sent some .jpg's of the original marketing literature, and a few PDF's with parts diagrams. (I stuck 'em on my ISP webspace - see the links below, hopefully they work??).
Their response came in the next morning, too - quick!

I'm in the same boat - thinking about doing a fork trade (or somethin') if it's a good deal.
The thing I don't get is - do I have to get a whole new fork? The parts diagram makes it look like you can get a replacement cartridge (new part # compatible with old fork?). I'd kinda like to keep the old Delta as original as I can. Guess I should just email her back and ask! [Edit - just did]

Hello John.

Thank you for contacting Cannondale. The size 17 inch frame was handcrafted right here in Bedford, Pennsylvania, USA in June of 1992 and was the 5,502nd frame produced that month. It is the 1993 Delta V model. It was an air/oil system. Please keep in mind that the "Jurassic" 50mm travel HeadShok forks are no longer serviceable; the parts are no longer available. We do offer an Aftermarket Exchange Program where one can trade in their current Cannondale frame and/or fork for a new frame and/or fork at a reduced retail. Your local Cannondale Retailer can provide further information on this program. The Find a Dealer link on our website www.cannondale.com can help you to find a Cannondale Retailer near you. We hope that the attachments will be helpful to you.

Thank you for choosing Cannondale. Have a nice morning.

(name withheld)
Customer Services/USA
Cannondale Bicycle Corporation
172 Friendship Village Road
Bedford, PA 15522

http://users.adelphia.net/~jdr01930/CarSite/DeltaVFork.pdf
http://users.adelphia.net/~jdr01930/CarSite/HD31Acart.pdf
http://users.adelphia.net/~jdr01930/CarSite/DeltaV700.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~jdr01930/CarSite/DeltaV.jpg

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,486 Posts
jdr01930 said:
It is the 1993 Delta V model. It was an air/oil system. Please keep in mind that the "Jurassic" 50mm travel HeadShok forks are no longer serviceable; the parts are no longer available. We do offer an Aftermarket Exchange Program where one can trade in their current Cannondale frame and/or fork for a new frame and/or fork at a reduced retail. Your local Cannondale Retailer can provide further information on this program.
Funny, I fixed two of them last week, I guess if I were an "Authorized Cannondale Dealer" I'd have to feed you that line of crap, take more money from you than I did for the repairs, just to make sure the good old boys in corporate can make their RV payments this month. :madman:

Bear in mind, I'm not saying don't get a new fork, nor am I saying your fork is totally repairable. But to write it off, sight unseen, is like a car salesman saying they'll give me nothing for my 1959 Mustang, cause I mentioned it had a flat tire. I just hate this new idea that all things must be replaced, cause service is too costly. Cannondale makes nothing if I can run through a fork, and keep it functional. They make a ton, convincing people they need new stuff every two years cause gosh, we don't have parts to fix it anymore. How convienient.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.