Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I thought that any 1.5 reducing headset will work on the newer (2002+) cannondale bikes?

If you still have that headset I'd be interested in taking it off your hands for you...PM me

·
mad aussie
1,129 Posts
Any 1.5 reducing headset will work on a newer Cannondale. I used the FSA Orbit reducer on my Rush. I actually used the Standard outside cup on the bottom and used an Orbit Z internal on the top to reduce the headtube height.

Kevin

·
Registered
128 Posts
Kevin,

Did either of the FSA headsets have sealed bearings?

My Rush's stock headset has rusty non-sealed bearings in the stock headset. I'd like to switch to the FSA 1.5Z but want sealed bearings and the FSA is lighter than the Cane Creek.

Why did you use the standard cup on the bottom? I'm concerned about a flush cup on the bottom with hitting my fork on the downtube.

-Steve in NJ

·
Registered
55 Posts
The carbon Rush's need a headset with cups even shallower than the Double XC short. Only place I could find the one I needed was from Cannondale. Although the catalogue had it listed as an FSA made for Cannondale, the one I got was a flush Cane Creek. I don't know if any other oversized headtubes require the super shallow ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.