1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
can't really comment on durabiltiy of that particular Cane Creek but I do have 5 Chris Kings and my oldest one a purple 1" threaded on my fixed gear is going on 12 years old and still feels like butter with no maintnence!!!!!

It might be lighter but I would trade a few gramst for never having to touch it anyday

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone know if the anodizing will fade over time and if some colours are more prone to fading than others? (typically red usually fades more quickly... but i don't know if that applies to anodized parts)

thnx

·
Ultimate Poseur
398 Posts
Depends. If you are putting this on a short travel bike then it's a draw...get the one you like best. If you're putting it on a long travel bike I'd go with the 110 and avoid the potential "King creak." The aheadset design is superior to the rubber o-ring that the King uses IMHO.

They are both great headsets.

edit: yes ano will fade...my King hubs are not near as black as they were 5yrs ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.