Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
What's "social pace?"
957 Posts
limba said:
I was going to start a similar thread. I'm also looking for a nice headset. Has anyone tried the new headsets from Crank Brothers? The Cobalt Ti, the Cobalt SL or the Iodine SL?
I have the cobalt on a bike. I can't say I can fault its performance but the exterior gets tarnished with rust. Get the steel or ti if you go for this one.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
limba said:
I was going to start a similar thread. I'm also looking for a nice headset. Has anyone tried the new headsets from Crank Brothers? The Cobalt Ti, the Cobalt SL or the Iodine SL?
I do run Opium SL on two bikes now (just 5 more grams, but billed as a downhill headset) and it seems to work just fine. It is tiny and I like the low stack height. It does not seem as well sealed as some others, but it will probably hold fine with regular maintenance, which is easy to perform. Cheaper, and 30g lighter then most other good ones, and works, so so far I like it.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
miss rides a lot said:
He thinks it's better than King and CB's (which he was using previously).
I never was able to tell any difference in performance between any of well adjusted headsets. Noticed a difference in long term durability, weight and ease of adjustment, but on the trail they are all the same to me..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.